Homebrew FBI Error DESCRIPTION_ACCESS_DENIED 0x6

Rj.MoG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm suddenly getting an error of Description: DESCRIPTION_ACCESS_DENIED (0x6) every time I try to install a CIA. I boot up my Cakesfw, and start up FBI through Ninjhax 1.1b, and just get that error when trying to install a CIA file. Same with RxTools. PastaCFW however, acts like it installs just fine. But nothing appears on the home menu to launch. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? I was unable to turn anything up using my google fu. It used to work perfectly fine previously, the only thing different now is that I did a system format (to unlink my NNID so I could sell it) and installed themehax. When I went to boot Ninjhax it simply gives me that error. Even without booting CFW through themehax, or after uninstalling themehax it still gives me that error. Also I have created title and import.db so that's not it.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will assume that your firmware is over 9.2. If it is, FBI won't work. It just doesn't have the privileges to do so since themehax (or any other hack using smealum's homebrew launcher) doesn't have kernel access.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It won't work in rxTools unless you enable Dev Mode because it uses a FIRM where the kernel exploits are patched.
It should work in Pasta. Is the CIA of a different region? If so, it won't show up in the home menu unless you run Free Multi Patcher or the CIA is region free patched.

Rj.MoG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will assume that your firmware is over 9.2. If it is, FBI won't work. It just doesn't have the privileges to do so since themehax (or any other hack using smealum's homebrew launcher) doesn't have kernel access.
It's 9.0.
It won't work in rxTools unless you enable Dev Mode because it uses a FIRM where the kernel exploits are patched.
It should work in Pasta. Is the CIA of a different region? If so, it won't show up in the home menu unless you run Free Multi Patcher or the CIA is region free patched.
Same error for all CIA's regardless of region.
Here's a short description of how to fix it:
DESCRIPTION_ACCESS_DENIED (0x6)
It should work just fine after that.
lololol
At any rate. It was a conflict when a version of rxtools I modified created a bad emunand without my knowledge. The simple fix was to format the system and use an on modified version of rxtools

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's 9.0.

Same error for all CIA's regardless of region.

lololol
At any rate. It was a conflict when a version of rxtools I modified created a bad emunand without my knowledge. The simple fix was to format the system and use an on modified version of rxtools
Are you using New 3DS? If yes, elaborate please. What do you mean by "bad" EmuNAND and "modified" version of rxTools? Having the same problem with Gateway EmuNAND and reiNAND (and Cakes)

Reactions: Zidapi

chewdiggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using New 3DS? If yes, elaborate please. What do you mean by "bad" EmuNAND and "modified" version of rxTools? Having the same problem with Gateway EmuNAND and reiNAND (and Cakes)

I'm also experiencing some issues, this might be the answer to my problems. Please let us know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show