Status
Not open for further replies.

logen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i am new to this since i cfw mine yesterday with b9s. just asking if its possible for him to change from ntrboot to b9s and see if he then can install cias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i am new to this since i cfw mine yesterday with b9s. just asking if its possible for him to change from ntrboot to b9s and see if he then can install cias
NTRboot is a method of hacking the 3DS system with custom firmware.
Try not to mistaken or confuse this for BootNTR, a type of loader that boots NTR custom firmware.

Boot9strap (B9S) is a signature hack you install on the 3DS internal NAND. This is the core component of what makes permanent or presistent custom firmware possible.

Luma3DS is the defacto or most popular entry custom firmware.
There are also Rei-Six, ReiNand, CakesFW, and NTR to name a few other custom firmwares.

Also, understand the 3DS firmware is a separate entity from custom firmware.
You can think of custom firmware more like add-ons to the 3DS operating system.

Vicky786

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello everyone, I am new to this community, recently i have installed lots of games using fbi but from last two days my fbi showing every .cia as an Archive and not a .cia file please help me it only give options lite Copy/Paste/Delete but not install options please help me please!!!!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hello everyone, I am new to this community, recently i have installed lots of games using fbi but from last two days my fbi showing every .cia as an Archive and not a .cia file please help me it only give options lite Copy/Paste/Delete but not install options please help me please!!!!
That means it isn't a CIA file --- check on your computer that you have file extensions turned on, and that the files aren't thing.cia.zip or anything like that. If you can't work it out please take a screenshot of the files (with file extensions turned on) so we can see what might be wrong.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From [FBI is not giving me the option to install the cia files]:
hey everyone i am having the same issue any information would be appriciated tahnks
If made sure you have unpacked them (like Quantumcat advised), maybe the files are corrupted or your SD is failing and/or fake.

Checking the SD is recommended:
  1. Copy all your data from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB and using Windows with guiformat.
  2. Check your SD: Windows, Linux, OS X.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors copy your files back on and try again.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Quantumcat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?