Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Post your best quotes! (From book, Movies etc, not from you.) Here's mine:

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

"Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing."

"Have a drink. Enjoy yourself. Which? The two are mutually exclusive."

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We have lost a hero to our glorious cause, but does this foreshadow our defeat? No. It is a new beginning. Compared to Earth Federation the national resources of Zeon are less than one thirtieth of theirs. Despite this how is it that we have been able to fight the fight for so long? It is because our goal in this war is a righteous one. It’s been over fifty years since the elite of Earth, consumed by greed took control of the Earth Federation. We want our freedom. Never forget the times when the Federation has trampled us! We, the Principality of Zeon, have had a hard struggle to achieve freedom for all citizens of our great nation. My beloved brother, Garma Zabi, was sacrificed. Why? The war is at a stalemate. Perhaps many of you have become complacent. Such a lack of compassion is ---.

The Earth Federation has polluted our planet for their own greed. We must send them a message, but not composed of words. We have wasted too much time with words. We need action now. The earthside elite must be taught a strong lesson for their corruption. This is only the beginning of our war. We have been putting more and more money into our efforts towards making our military stronger . The Earth Federation has done the same.

Many of your fathers and brothers have perished valiantly in the face of a contemptible enemy. We must never forget what the Federation has done to our people! By focusing our anger and sorrow, we are finally in a position where victory is within our grasp, and once again, our nation will flourish. Victory is the greatest tribute we can pay those who sacrifice their lives for us! Rise, Rise! Take your sorrow, and turn it into anger! Zeon thirsts for the strength of its people! SIEG ZEON!!!

-Gihren Zabi, Mobile Suit Gundam

and i have a few others in my sig

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Fellow Terrans, I come to you in the wake of recent events to issue a call to reason. Let no human deny the perils of our time. While we battle one another, divided by the petty strife of our common history, the tide of greater conflict is turning against us, threatening to destroy all that we have accomplished. It is time for us as nations and as individuals to set aside our long-standing feuds and unite! The tides of an unwinnable war are upon us, and we must seek refuge on higher ground, lest we be swept away by the flood.
The Confederacy is no more. Whatever semblance of unity and protection it once provided is a phantom, a memory. With our enemies left unchecked, who will you turn to for protection? The devastation brought by the alien invaders is self-evident. We have seen our homes and communities destroyed by the calculated blows of the Protoss. We have seen first-hand our friends and loved ones consumed by the nightmarish Zerg. Unprecedented and unimaginable though they may be, these are the signs of our time.
The time has come, my fellow Terrans, to rally to a new banner. In unity lies strength; already many of the dissident factions have joined us. Out of the many, we shall forge an indivisible whole, capitulating only to a single throne. And from that throne, I shall watch over you!
From this day forward, let no human make war upon any other human. Let no Terran agency conspire against this new beginning. And let no man consort with alien powers. And to all the enemies of humanity, seek not to bar our way, for we shall win through, no matter the cost!

*goose bumps*
happy.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This is the life we chose!"

- This line is uttered by the other nerd after Milhouse pulls him and Martin off the fence where they have been hung by their wedgies.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

Getting that tattooed on me,
Oh and its found in the University of Florida's Workout Room

Another quote that makes you think.

"Is [God] willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then is he impotent?
Is he able, but not willing? Then is he malevolent?
Is he both able and willing? whence then is evil?"

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really have life changing quotes in my mind. Normally they just crack me up because my friends and I say them sometimes.

"Soylent Green is people!"

Sometimes we'll change "Soylent Green" to whatever we are eating or what a friend is about to eat. "French Fries... IS PEOPLE!" ... it gets over used and we stop for a while.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Screw the rules i have money !

-Little Kurbiboh

"Show ya moves !"

-Captain Falcon

"She done em dirty"

"Need some more cowbell" - " I gotta fever and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL !"

-SNL

My friends and i have alot we just throw around from pop culture references, basically anything family guy as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1