GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't have to be "your one favorite food." Just any of your favorite foods, or a whole list if you like. Making this thread because here lately I've been on a bit of an Indian-food kick (well, maybe for the past five years or so). Not sure I have a favorite Indian dish. One day it's rogan josh, the next it's goat curry. Recently, I tried my hand at making a chickpea curry from a recipe I watched on the Tube.

It turned out delicious, though I will adjust some cooking times and amounts on my next run, as it took longer to reduce than what she showed in her video (perhaps because I used lite coconut milk).

You?

Reactions: Mama Looigi

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's that look like?
istockphoto-488801133-1024x1024.jpg

It varies, but it had better include bacon (back bacon as in the photo is the standard here, not streaky), eggs (usually fried, occasionally scrambled), sausages, baked beans. Toast and/or fried bread will be there, generally mushrooms too, which I've never been a fan of but am learning to make peace with. Grilled or fried tomatoes are good, chopped tomatoes are just ok. Might get black pudding in some places, I can take it or leave it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Indian, Thai, Korean, Japanese (especially tonkatsu, or ramen/udon), I love them all.
But let me mention one that less people are likely to have heard of, a Norwegian specialty called lamb in cabbage:
shutterstock_499226059-F%C3%A5rik%C3%A5l-1160x655.jpg

I made it last week in my instant pot (first time using a slow cooker to make it, it tastes the same but the cabbage holds together better at my preferred level of meat tenderness, so an improvement)
It's very simple to make and delicious if anyone would like to try: https://sonsofnorway.net/farikal-lamb-in-cabbage/ (cooking time seems a bit short there, I cook for 3-3.5h in a pot)
The amount of meat in that recipe is not nearly enough. You should use equal amounts of meat (with bone and fat still on it) and cabbage by weight but using a little more cabbage is fine if you like cabbage as much as I do.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bean n Cheese Burrito [duh [farrrrrrrt]] oops. sorry,
Carne Asada Burrito
Pizza [w/ the works]
Corned Beef Sandwich [w/ ketchup]
Penis Sausage, Bacon n Egg Sandwich :blush:
Cream of Mushroom Soup