OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Surfing in the web, i found a very nice Project!

http://zero4.higashinoeden.com/index.php5

Unfortunaly, in the FAQ is writen this phrase:

Will this work with my backups:
Ha ha, that's a good one. No, this patch will not work with your softmod. No, this patch will not work with your ?backup?. This patch will only run with the game placed inside the Wii disk tray, and being able to do that is both the most difficult and most impressive part of this patch.

Well, thats kinda disapointing.

If FF English Patch would work as intended and the game is nice, i would without doubt buying it. But... i dont want to import this game and paying a lot of money to find out, that it doesnt work with my wii.

So... anyone think someone could "fix" this patch?
I know, it's very theoretical because the patch hasnt been even released, but maybe someone can tell us.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
EDIT: just read thjeir FAQ
that would confirm they will be using some kind of homebrew program to patch the game "on the fly", like GekkoOS hooks

QUOTE said:
A: We are attempting a very ambitious patch which will patch the original game on-the-fly, something that to my knowledge has never been attempted before. Should we succeed, the patch will be read off an SD card and run through the Wii Memory Management menu, and will function as long as you have the original game in your disc drive.

as always, as long as homebrew ue IOS to access the DVD drive, you can still patch IOS to make it read burned DVD

BUT:

QUOTEQ: Will I need to buy a Japanese Wii?

A: No, should the patching method be successfully implemented, the game will run on any Wii, any version, any region. Except perhaps Korean. I can't vouch for Korean Wiis.

so you have NO excuse not to buy the original game... if they say this will work, let's guess people will verify this very soon

Howevr, their patching method seems to be still very unsure , if that doesn't work, they would probably end up releasing a classic ISO patch file

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the patch is good, and by good I mean that if I didn't know any better I would think that this was an actual NTSC or PAL release then I have no problem buying the game. In fact I think I saw it at the store the other day. If the patch isn't good, then I just won't play the game. The reason I don't have it now is because it's in Japanese.

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
Aren't they suppose to release the game in the US anyway someday, or did they drop that idea??

frown.gif

edit : nvm ... http://wii.ign.com/articles/970/970875p1.html
GRRRR

edit : edit :
http://zero4.higashinoeden.com/media.php5

Check the text insertion video, they have the preloader or something (i dont know what it really looks like i dont have it in my wii), then they load the homebrew channel, then they load sd/usb loader ?

It is impressive though (the menu, text etc...)

I havent tried the game itself to match the screens but sounds promissing...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154812
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157568
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=159...p;#entry2086153
All: http://www.google.com/search?q=Fatal+Frame...rch=gbatemp.net

Couldn't you just bump ones of the existing ones? Gosh, sometimes I think I'm the only one that uses the Search-Button
dry.gif

@Topic: I'm following it, can't wait for the patch. A PPF-File would still be nice...my Drive is slowly becoming bad, and USB-Launcher would solve this...meh, let's see. I'll think they'll release a ppf if they can't get the patching method to work...let's wait...

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, the game is not coming in english (confirmed by Nintendo), and the translation project is due to be released in August 31.

Of course it would work with a modchip and a backup copy (disc) of the game; and also probably too from the USB Loader. It seems that the translation group members are doing something to incentive the buying of the game, so it might not work straight "out of the box". But also probably, someone'll find a way to hack it and make it work. And if you have to buy the game, you might as well buy a modchip with that money; unless, of course, you want to support the game, even if it's not being released for you (a.k.a. in your language)

dizogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dan_Aykroyd said:
Well yeah, the game is not coming in english (confirmed by Nintendo), and the translation project is due to be released in August 31.

Of course it would work with a modchip and a backup copy (disc) of the game; and also probably too from the USB Loader. It seems that the translation group members are doing something to incentive the buying of the game, so it might not work straight "out of the box". But also probably, someone'll find a way to hack it and make it work. And if you have to buy the game, you might as well buy a modchip with that money; unless, of course, you want to support the game, even if it's not being released for you (a.k.a. in your language)

Off topic, but are you the real Dan Aykroyd???

If so what was it like working on Ghostbusters and Coneheads? THanks.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may be talking about using Gecko OS to apply cheats on the fly, the cheats of which may be able to translate the game. (Just a guess, it sounds similar to what Gecko OS could do.)

Though, that being said, if you install a cIOScorp wad of whatever IOS the game needs, Gecko OS will work with a backup. And of course, a modchip will allow the wii to not even be able to tell the difference between backup and origiinal.

Also though, I don't think this is the wisest way to patch a game. It would be much better to simply patch the game itself, that way you don't have to go through any stupid loading patch process, and you could just launch it with your everyday launcher.

tissemikkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really understand, why they won't make it work with softmods?

Because people with softmods could just replace the translated files with the originals from a ISO and run it from a ISO/Backup luncher.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dizogg said:
Dan_Aykroyd said:

Well yes, I'm the real Dan Aykroyd. The SNL days were great and lately we've been very happy that we could release GB: The Videogame.

QUOTE(tissemikkel @ Aug 4 2009, 04:03 PM)
I don't really understand, why they won't make it work with softmods?

Because people with softmods could just replace the translated files with the originals from a ISO and run it from a ISO/Backup luncher.

What I wrote in the previous. They are trying to make them *not* work with softmods in order for you to have to buy the game and incentive sales / support the developer.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dizogg said:
Dan_Aykroyd said:

wtf? lol

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dizogg said:
Dan_Aykroyd said:

seriously dude
blink.gif

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
dizogg said:
Dan_Aykroyd said:

seriously dude
blink.gif

Well gee guy, i was curious to know too. I'm glad he asked.
grog.gif

dizogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh I figured theres a lot of aging movie stars that are heavily into console hacking. It stands to reason.

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jservs7 said:
The patch is officially out! Now to get it working with a USB Loader....
unsure.gif

x2 but i have no idea how... maybe it is possible to patch it to the ISO directly replacing the files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg