Hacking Fatal Frame 4 English Translation Patch

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so which ever font we choose to patch, we are going to end up having some kind of problem in the game until the translation team fixes it, correct?

Also, what about replacing the costumes? I notice a few of the files closely match other RSL names, (give or take an "a", "b", etc. at the end of the file name) but Im just not sure which ones to replace.
wacko.gif

Pizzasrgo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone with a correctly patched iso should make a ppf/xdelta patch and upload it, way easier than uploading the whole patched iso.

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to be a Debbie downer or anything, but the files in the "patch"... are these completely new files, or just modified from the original disc?

The later case, could still qualify as distributing copyrighted material... maybe look at a system which takes the original disc, actually patches the files it needs and then creates the "patch".

Just don't want you guys to get into any legal troubles, ya know.

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
Ok so which ever font we choose to patch, we are going to end up having some kind of problem in the game until the translation team fixes it, correct?

I choose the to replace the font with the small version to be safe. ( I was thinking if I used big it might look funky in certain menus) I cant say thats the case for sure as Im only about 45min into the game. However all looks good with the small font. I think the only flaw was that the capital letter Y looked somewhat distorted. Everything else looks fine so far.

Again, Awesome work guys!!!

lilbro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got BAD in wiiscrubber but the game loads off of my hard drive just fine. How to I get to where I can put the translation files into the partition if its showing BAD for the partitions?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ciris said:
jservs7 said:

I choose the to replace the font with the small version to be safe. ( I was thinking if I used big it might look funky in certain menus) I cant say thats the case for sure as Im only about 45min into the game. However all looks good with the small font. I think the only flaw was that the capital letter Y looked somewhat distorted. Everything else looks fine so far.

Again, Awesome work guys!!!
I replaced it with the small font as well and yes I must say awesome work.
smile.gif

I noticed that in a few parts, certain words showed small bracket like symbols by the beginning or end of some words. And, only in one instance so far (the part where the lead chick is playing the piano) one of the words should have been "the" instead of "he" so I am not sure if that's just something the translation team missed or it has something to do with the small font used.

You guys did an awesome job.
smile.gif
I've seen a few translation projects and this one showed alot of love put into it. It was definitely worth the wait.
biggrin.gif

TempusC

OP
Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
The files on there contain minimal pre-existing assets - it’s mostly just rebuilt text, rebuilt font (huge), and rebuilt images.

And yeah, a few minor issues that no one noticed mysteriously have popped up. Most notable is the slightly garbled save text when you create a save the first time. The ghost list font is, sadly, broken right now. You can either view the titles of the ghost you take pictures of (Use the 1st play option), or you can read the ghost list descriptions nicely (Use the After clear option). I didn’t realize these two fonts were linked until the day before release, I kept thinking “I thought I fixed that”, but of course every time I fixed it, it broke the other one.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got the back up to work. Turns out I have been doing it right all along. So I spent over 10 hours figuring this out to realize that even if it says (BAD), it will still work on the back up loaders.

Anyways, I haven't really tried the game yet, just played about a minute or two to see if it runs. So is the Ghostfile folder the files to translate information about the ghosts or something else?

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should we be reporting bugs/typos and comments right now? Because I've a few. A few places where the text runs outside of it's container, some general formatting suggestions (spaces after :'s?), and that garbled text, when it says "Checking Wii save data" or something. It usually comes and goes too quickly for me to read it, but where it says "Wii" seems to be garbled.

Otherwise, what I've tried is very playable, and very professional looking. I'm really impressed with the quality of the translation, especially how similar it feels to the previous games. Thanks a lot for your hard work!

eur0civ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holly crap! AMAZING Job! A+++ No hassle at all. Dropped the files onto SD card, poped in the disc, installed and playing no problems. Very slick.

I have completed the first 2chapters. Just from what I have played so far, menus, images, subtitles all look great (few bugs that people have already mentioned, no biggie), must have been a mountain of work. Thank-you very much for allowing me to experience and play a very cool/scary game that otherwise I would have never been able to.

As easy as it is to use the patch method on SD card, I think I will be building a patched .iso so I can play the game on different consoles without having to remember SD card with files.

This may be a greedy question but do you guys have plans to use voice actors to create an "english, non-subtitled patch" ?? p.s. Waterloo grads own!
edit: saw "dub" project on website. yAy! GL!

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Those of you that're having problems with a screen of text telling you that there's an ISI error and a load of numbers which then freezes on a black screen should try starting the patch without the DVD in the Wii. Patch will then start and ask you to insert the Fatal Frame DVD.

It ran first time without a problem but since I switched off my Wii and switched it on later to play it again I got the error I've described. Start it without the disc in the drive and this solves the problem. Saw this solution on the troubleshooting guide on the webste so thought I'd share the info here to give you all a heads-up.

Again, I'd like to thank all concerned who've worked so hard on this! This game is excellent!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/vja8uoOy5XE?si=d2qo7jYK9TiyaOZ2 +1