Hacking FAT32 format no cios 249???

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my external HDD set up for FAT32. At first I thought cios249 could not be used as a default cios. Can it be used at all from Configurable USB in FAT32? If not, I am thinking of dumping my external drive back up to the laptop and reformatting it for a WBFS partition so I can use 249 again. Is this necessary? Is there another way without the full swap? I am worried that I will loose the extra compatiblility of cios 249 for some games.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Yes, you can use cios 249 and have games installed on FAT32.
Just make sure that the cios 249 revision is 19 and that the games are in the /wbfs folder on root.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on rev 17 of 249 to keep Triiforce compatibility. Gues I'll have to switch back and forth untill the 17/19 Triiforce issues are resolved for full compatibility.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Messed around with the settings some more. The main games I couldn't get working were Monster Hunter Tri and PoP. Pop worked with the 57 revision of Configurable loader using Hermes v4 222/223. Monster Hunter worked with 223 mload. No need for rev. 19. Went back to rev 17 and have full compatibility again.

One game I can't get working is the PAL version of Link's Crossbow Training. Black screen no matter what settings. Any way to get this working on an NTSC console? Of course, still using Config. USB?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time