OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
I (newbie a.k.a. Smiths) have released a tool useful for those of you out there who still have a Flash Advance cartridge laying around, and wish to keep it alive by flashing it via your current Slot-1 NDS unit!

Full information, including download with source, begin here:

GBADEV release thread

fas11.png
biggrin.gif
fas12.png

Happy New Year! Dust off your Flash Advance Pro cartridges, create a Pogoshell compilation, and begin using it again!

(just finished Link to the Past here and doing Metroid fusion now... oh boy!)

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Give it a shot but I think it's just for FA Pro (turbo) carts. tftpds was built for FAPro, since it's what the author owns. I only own that too, so I kept those libs in.

I know support can be added.. the source is there. I just don't possess any cart other than the FA256 Pro.

God I'm in heaven with this program. Writing a 32mb pogoshell compilation right now.

Happy New Year indeed!

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
I've updated it to v1.2, which adds the ability to have a bunch of .SAV files in a "saves" directory on your Slot-1 and choose which file to restore to bank 1.
Huzzah for the few that could find this useful. Basically it was programmed for my own usage; I just think it's worth releasing (and since it's GNU I had to release source things)

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are awesome. I had just decided today that my F2A256 and F2A128 were finally obsolete. You have postponed that decision!

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this app work with a flash2advance 128m card?
I know the app was create with the Flash Advance Pro card in mind but do they share the same basic architecture or are they completely different?
I love to be able to get some use out of my old card rather than leaving it to gather dust.

Edit: I decided to take a chance and try it out. Comes back with an error message saying unsupported card. Ah well. Nice menu anyhow
smile.gif

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
ucon64 has f2a support, which I guess is close to a "writing routine" source.

http://www.koders.com/c/fidC5AEE87302951FF...ADEEC05D48.aspx

And I'm sure a programmer can look at that and alter the writing routine based on detecting a f2a card.
I don't have anything except a FAPro, so I apologize for being unable to help, besides finding sources I think could be modified.

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I posted in the gbadev thread but as I'm not sure where I have more chance to get an answer, I'll also try here
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hi !

Sorry for digging this one year old thread but I really wanted to thank you a lot for this great tool !
My FAPro 256 was lying in its box since I was too lazy to get its old parallel interface to work... now it will get some revival
smile.gif

I'm just wondering why it's only possible to backup bank1 (64kb).
Is there any harware limitation ?
I remember using pogoshell in conjunction with sram explorer and 256kb bank backup.
Any chance you could update your tool with this feature (256kb bank dump) ?

Also, do you think you could provide some info on internal bank management in FAPro 256 ? (bankswitching, page offset (?))
I'm wondering if with those infos, cori1492 could update his pokepatch tool to make it works with FA cards... (sorry for this pokefreak query, please ignore it if it upset you and answer to the 256kb save question
smile.gif
)

Again thanks for your tool, it already is awesome in its current state !

VVedge

In the meantime, I also contacted Cory1492 on his blog and it looks like the information he needs (Flash card SRAM bankswitching code (?)) isn't available and that even with this info he would eventually lack time and hardware to test it on. So I guess you could forget my second query.

VVedge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night