GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Reading the Chinese source:

The group claims to have cracked it and such, but "won't be releasing details in fear Nintendo would patch it upon the 3DS release with a temporary system menu patch". They claim to be releasing the flashcart a week after the Japanese launch of the 3DS.

While the original source site now redirects to a picture of a zombie girl?, it's becoming unknown whether the group is joking about cracking the 3DS or not. However, there were other claims around the Chinese web that the 3DS was able to play the original DS flashcarts (and pirated DS roms) without issue, so the possibility of using flashcarts on the 3DS is very likely possible.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
However, there were other claims around the Chinese web that the 3DS was able to play the original DS flashcarts (and pirated DS roms) without issue, so the possibility of using flashcarts on the 3DS is very likely possible.

If that's true, then I can at least not require to have my DS around when doing DS homebrew.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
CarbonX13 said:
Reading the Chinese source:

The group claims to have cracked it and such, but "won't be releasing details in fear Nintendo would patch it upon the 3DS release with a temporary system menu patch". They claim to be releasing the flashcart a week after the Japanese launch of the 3DS.

While the original source site now redirects to a picture of a zombie girl?, it's becoming unknown whether the group is joking about cracking the 3DS or not. However, there were other claims around the Chinese web that the 3DS was able to play the original DS flashcarts (and pirated DS roms) without issue, so the possibility of using flashcarts on the 3DS is very likely possible.
Thanks for the proper translation.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all know its going to get cracked eventually. However this is nothing more than a publicity stunt. Someone who wants to get their brand noticed before the inevitable deluge of 3DS flash carts hit the market.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I think this is a lie, but even if it wasn't I would hate it to be true, someone this big and this early would be a gigantic nail in Nintendos coffin and could easily stop so devs developing for the system, a few years when the 3rd has a good library of games, maybe. But the last thing I want is it hacked now

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a possibility of it being true, this would mean that a flash cart would probabally be released as soon as it is. But its just going to be blocked in an instant and the "spotpass" feature makes updates pretty hard to avoid.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Matthew said:
hova1 said:
if this is true... wow i feel sorry for them. well i hope it allows me to play imports

What are tge chances this is true and it doesnt revolve around DS mode or DSi mode?
i'd think the chances of it being true are around 30%. There are quite a few people who have a 3DS already and maybe they sold it to a flashcart manufacturer.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the 3DS, I'm going to stop using piracy.
I will buy everything fair and square and support Nintendo and the developers.
And yeah, I use a flashcard for my DS.
But that will be all over with the 3DS.
And goddamnit scary maze shit! Thank god I turned the sound off. (was kinda thinking it would happen)

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
While the original source site now redirects to a picture of a zombie girl?
Also note what it is before it becomes a screamer
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/manaleader/...roofitsfake.jpg

click anything and it's a fake and right click it reveals it's just an image.. Also note the filename.. (If you guys don't understand.. "Baka" means "Stupid" or "Fool" in Japanese)

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be the general consensus that this rumor is complete bullshit,

(and I agree)

So

*throws this to the guys in the EoF*

Have fun.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Vulpes Abnocto said:
It seems to be the general consensus that this rumor is complete bullshit,

(and I agree)

So

*throws this to the guys in the EoF*

Have fun.
O GOD THE EOF!!! That's far worse than locking the thread!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf