Hacking Failure in hacking a 3DS

JustHereForSomeHelp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I unzipped these files with winrar and there wasn't any problem at all. except for boot.firm when Windows open a window telling me the method of this file is unknown.

JustHereForSomeHelp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I forget to say that my 3DS do a black screen with or without SD card, and the blue little light just showed up for a second. Is it really bricked ?
Thank you for all of you who will respond to my problem and but for now I need go.
Thank you and see you soon.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Blue light on and fading off and nothing is B9S saying “boot.firm not found – I’ll quit.”

There have been similar issues – where the file was present but still not found (=3DS not booting). Next steps to try:
  1. Copy all your data from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB use guiformat.
  2. Test your SD with h2testw.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors only copy boot.firm on the SD and try again.
Even if there are no errors try with boot.firm on another SD.

Reactions: JustHereForSomeHelp

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
Blue light on and fading off and nothing is B9S saying “boot.firm not found – I’ll quit.”

There have been similar issues – where the file was present but still not found (=3DS not booting). Next steps to try:
  1. Copy all your data from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB use guiformat.
  2. Test your SD with h2testw.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors only copy boot.firm on the SD and try again.
Even if there are no errors try with boot.firm on another SD.
Also to mention it could also be his b9s not updated that is why i asked when it was installed.

We should try telling him to boot gm9 or stuff like that else i give up

Last edited by Aquadraws,

JustHereForSomeHelp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you I will try that but changing the SD card is dangerous or not ? And also when my console were turned off, my dad take off the battery. Will it be problematic ? To be honest I don't really want hacking my 3DS now so how could I put everything like before ? Do I need to instal totaly boot9strap ?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you I will try that but changing the SD card is dangerous or not ? And also when my console were turned off, my dad take off the battery. Will it be problematic ? To be honest I don't really want hacking my 3DS now so how could I put everything like before ? Do I need to instal totaly boot9strap ?
Resetting the RAM by taking out the battery is actually a good idea. Putting in a different SD is not dangerous – why should it? The N3DS comes with a 4GB card. Install one big Pokemon title and it's full.

You already have installed boot9strap (hopefully). If it is successfully installed, all you need is getting it to recognize boot.firm and proceed from there on.

JustHereForSomeHelp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But I was fricked out that I delete all my data on SD card but then I put all the programs again and the save I did before of my Nintendo 3DS folder. Is it corupted am I bricked ? I am very worried. Is the programs will still be functioning ? I have no more folders than DCIM, Nintendo 3DS and private. And My SD card is 32 GB.
There was a file about boot9strap in the SD card but I delete it. Am I bricked ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But I was fricked out that I delete all my data on SD card but then I put all the programs again and the save I did before of my Nintendo 3DS folder. Is it corupted am I bricked ? I am very worried. Is the programs will still be functioning ? I have no more folders than DCIM, Nintendo 3DS and private. And My SD card is 32 GB.
There was a file about boot9strap in the SD card but I delete it. Am I bricked ?
The boot9strap folder is only needed when installing B9S, it can be deleted afterwards.

JustHereForSomeHelp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am very lost, the only problem is about the boot.firm file ? The last version is 9.1 right ? Is the system boot9strap modify anything in the SD card ?

JustHereForSomeHelp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And if i used a old version of boot9strap is it bricked ? I used the "keep the boring update coming edition" for instaling boot9strap. Is it a bad one ?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And if i used a old version of boot9strap is it bricked ? I used the "keep the boring update coming edition" for instaling boot9strap. Is it a bad one ?
That is not a B9S release, but the installer you have used, b9sTool.

This is b9s.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

JustHereForSomeHelp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't use this b9s ! Is it bad ? Am I bricked ? I use this thing name KeepTheBoringUpdatesEdition only like it was written in the 3ds.hacks.guide. What should I do ?

JustHereForSomeHelp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Should I download the b9s v1.3 ? Also we tried with my father the battery ans it seems that it was bad. Is it possible that installing such hack could kill a battery ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...