Hacking fail to boot after downgrade ( no nand back up )

nerodevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
i downgraded my switch from 8.1.0 to 7.0.0 using ChoiDojourNX , now i cant boot it up , i tried using hecate and reinx but nothing works , i didnt make a nandbackup , can i fix it or is it gone forever ?

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Can he even follow the guide when he doesn't have access to a NAND backup, and most likely not even his Boot0/1 files ^^

Yeah during Step 2.2:

Step 2: Backing up your NAND
By backing up your NAND (the Switch’s internal memory), you will later be able to restore it in the event that anything goes wrong, essentially rewinding it back to a previous state.

If anything goes wrong during this guide, you can always restore this backup with Hekate and restart

1. Enter RCM and send the “hekate-ctcaer-4.9.1.bin”* payload while holding Vol- to skip autoboot and enter the menu

2. In Hekate, select ‘Tools > Backup > Backup eMMC BOOT0/1’
    • Use Volume +/- to change menu selection and Power to select an option
PS: Donwnload Firmware 5.1.0 from your trusted Source! (Not 6.1.0 and above) ;)

Last edited by crazy_p,

lpoolm

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I bricked my switch yesterday, could not get it to connect to my laptop.
However read a few posts and holding the power button down for about 10/15secs reset it, then tried again to inject a payload and it connected!

nerodevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
i made a mistake and didnt back my nand , so my switch is gone ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank god , i got it to boot into firmware 6.0.0 , atmoshpere isnt installed , what should i do next ? im afraid to close it

issayloki

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i made a mistake and didnt back my nand , so my switch is gone ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank god , i got it to boot into firmware 6.0.0 , atmoshpere isnt installed , what should i do next ? im afraid to close it

Hi boot into OFW 6.0?. You might want to check fuel burn then start backing up your nand on 6.0 with all the keys. Otherwise if you scare to turn off your console then officecial update to 8.1 then use atm with new sig patch, with is not really recom IMO. Good luck.

Ps. Please use canna tut for proper backup your nand.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

Last edited by issayloki,

nerodevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hi boot into OFW 6.0?. You might want to check fuel burn then start backing up your nand on 6.0 with all the keys. Otherwise if you scare to turn off your console then officecial update to 8.1 then use atm with new sig patch, with is not really recom IMO. Good luck.

Ps. Please use canna tut for proper backup your nand.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/
thanks i used my console to official update , everything work fine now , atmosphere and my games works again , i ll never connect my switch to internet again :) i ll keep it in this update , i lost all my 40 games and savegames , but at least it work again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet...