Hardware Factory D-pad orientation

petrolux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I am currently restoring my childhood transparent (glacier) GBA and when taking it apart I didn't realize the plastic D-pad had a small flat area on one edge. Now I know this is purely cosmetic but for the sake of "authenticity" I would like to put it back the way it originally was. So... Anyone knows which way it should be pointing? Or was it random at the factory?

I've tried looking at other transparent un-modded GBA pictures online but since the shells are a bit frosted it's hard to make out... Looks like the flat edge could be in the top left or bottom left corners...

Any help much appreciated!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pulled apart mine just now. Have never taken it apart down to the switches (as attested by the human slime that is around it)

If I am looking down from above with the slide switch at the bottom. Then pointing down and inwards towards the screen (or towards the start and select buttons). Mine has 1-8 in the hole/ejector pin mark too if that helps someone else in the future.

petrolux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your input, much appreciated! So the flat spot points here then? Would be interesting to see if there are all kinds of orientations on various GBAs or if it's always in this spot from the factory...

35b25d0a-d73c-4fa3-8f55-69d1baf95f01.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex