ROM Hack f#ck those pkmn translation!

Kamons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about the others, but the one guy who was doing the HG/SS trans. who stopped recently for stupid reasons had a huge ego problem. I hated it.

I think combining would be best. I do think Kazo was asked by that one guy I mentioned before but Kazo declined. Not sure of his reasons.

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephiran said:
yes I am getting sick of all those pkmn ss and hg translations! why dont they combine the powers? so many treads about this... worthless I thing next week we have 5 more translations! so please I ask combine powers and then we may have an (much) quicker patch to download,then everyone is happy and then we dont have so much translation treads anymore!
hate2.gif

gbatemp sorry I am getting crazy of this! so I wanted to say this to the whole forum!

p.s. I am not hating this I like it but there are to much
wacko.gif

Everyone has there way of doing something. Many people work alone much faster. So its hating to beg for them to be combined.
If you think there are way to many translations then dont look at these threads

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got sick of these when I realized it was all a big sausagefest to see whose sausage was bigger and who could get an erection faster. Yes, I used penises as a metaphor for Pokemon translations. Happy?

Raqib was just way too ego involved and thought that people would care if he quit. Nice job, we've got 1 other translation out their (at least) and another on the way. I won't count the Google Translate one because that's just made by some assless ape who thinks that making a shitty translation fast will make him "good" and "popular".

Otherwise I'm kinda over this. I made a huge rant on my blog and now just kinda only shoot it out in short spurts in threads like these.

Also, this doesn't really deserve a place here. EoF or Blogs ye go, foul demon!

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
meh apparently people are forgetting that this section is designed for "ROM Hacking and Translations" there was nothing said about so far i know "only 1 rom hack or translation per original game" let the people do what they want... eventually they'll learn alot more then just standing still and doing nothing. i see it more as a race to the finish who finishes a trans first. if you were to disagree then what are you thinking ? sorry, but i think other that way. but for the fact i agree to much translations, it's just what people are doing, and it is all legit so far i know. i hope one of them finishes sooner or later
smile.gif

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
Primenay13 said:
I agree they should combine forces. But somehow I don't think it will happen.
dry.gif
Of course it won't happen. If they work together then they have to split the glory.

There can only be one Pokémon translation king. This town ain't big enough for the both of us.

DEATH OR GLORY
HEAVEN OR HELL
FIGHT!

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I think you guys should just leave them alone. If I was making a translation I would work on my own. Its not like these translation take any real hacking ability. If that was the case I would say join forces because it makes it easier. But all they are doing is using an easy to use program. They can each focus on giving their trainlation the taste they want. No one has any right to demand that people join forces if all you want is a full translation faster. Let them enjoy the task they have volunteered to do.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone hear read what the Translators say about combining?
Kazo prefers to work alone, that's fine, that's his work ethic.
The other translators (Which I only see 1 other that's actually translating) is Mangius (hope I spelled that right) and he also prefers to work alone. The previous and no longer being worked on patches also choose to work alone, some for glory others for the sake of doing it them selves. They really don't care to work with each other simply for the fact that they are going to translate it THEIR way.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i really don't understand whats the deal with pokemon translation... the game WILL be released outside japan.

makes no sense translating a game that will reach all shores.

but oh well, if they want to translate each either own version, let them go for it, really.

once the game is out, no one will care about the translations.

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hero-Link said:
i really don't understand whats the deal with pokemon translation... the game WILL be released outside japan.

makes no sense translating a game that will reach all shores.

but oh well, if they want to translate each either own version, let them go for it, really.

It's true that the game will eventually release worldwide. Yet, with these patches, we could get to play the game in tolerable English now, with little to no cost (patches are free, you only pay for your internet connection
yaynds.gif
)

Brunibrun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hero-Link said:

You're totally right on that.
I really hope that they change the English logos though. They look horrible. I would settle for the same white font they've used in every game just not that amateur gradient job.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems pointless to me to even bother with a translation of these games. They will come to America eventually anyway and then the translations (in all its various disjointed iterations) will be moot.

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I agree with the Topic Opener! There's a Spanish translation that's almost done. And that's because they have a team.

larkija33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.igoogle.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, sometimes the translations are better, especially if the English version, for some strange reason, cuts some things out. Sure, you can't understand more than half the game, but those small extra features just make the game more fun to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o