ROM Hack f#ck those pkmn translation!

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
they could just combine. one person will do the main menu, one person will do the first half, the other will do the other city, one person will do the main plot, one person will do the trainer's dialogue. how hard can it be?

i know one group who is almost done with the game with both english and tagalog but you dont need to know. All I want to say is that thy are working together.

PS: Dont come to me asking because they didnt do patches. it's for private use only to test something.

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
we dont really care bout their way, well what i mean is if everyone wants the game patched then someone form a team of people and u can do it

popochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I was annoyed with that and the dub name... Since my country use original Japanese name for anime. So cut all problem, I just play it all Japanese. Just a bit trouble is some items that I don't know how to use, Ex. it took a day and a half how to use that berry/plant capsule.

Terce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd take a stab at answering this.

The reason there are multiple translation patches is because it's a foreign language. There are multiple was to translate it, and then code that into the game. And because each patch is being worked on by a group, their style, as in translation, and programming styles, all differ slightly, but significantly.

That being said, there's almost no way any two translation groups could join up. Their focus often starts differently (Kazo's for example was to patch the menu, pokemon names and attacks so people could play, but not necessarily understand the text of the game) and then begin to merge as the patches mature.

It's not that they couldn't join up now, but the basic things, menus, names, attacks, etc. have all been done by the individual groups. Even if they put their patches together, there'd likely be little progress on a full game text patch. And, given the differing styles of translation and patching, it may even slow down a "complete" patch. It's really best to let each one go. Those that aren't well received will likely turn and focus on other problems.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hero-Link said:
i really don't understand whats the deal with pokemon translation... the game WILL be released outside japan.

makes no sense translating a game that will reach all shores.

but oh well, if they want to translate each either own version, let them go for it, really.

once the game is out, no one will care about the translations.
1. Many people are impatient (like me
tongue.gif
want me to wait 7 months?)
2. Look at 1.
3. You'll never know, if a patch reaches 100%, it might be better than the official translation.
4. Because of those horrid logos, I'd rather play a fan-translated version (or mod the US version
tongue.gif
)

Threadmaker: Combining patches is why Raqib quit.

popochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
YayMii said:
Hero-Link said:
i really don't understand whats the deal with pokemon translation... the game WILL be released outside japan.

makes no sense translating a game that will reach all shores.

but oh well, if they want to translate each either own version, let them go for it, really.

once the game is out, no one will care about the translations.
1. Many people are impatient (like me
tongue.gif
want me to wait 7 months?)
2. Look at 1.
3. You'll never know, if a patch reaches 100%, it might be better than the official translation.
4. Because of those horrid logos, I'd rather play a fan-translated version (or mod the US version
tongue.gif
)

Threadmaker: Combining patches is why Raqib quit.

While logo I saw at GameFaqs (US official now?) is so plain. I prefer Japanese logo over fan-made. That is official one and all. And not to make it look hypocritically "not try to compete Nintendo" but change its official logo. Since purpose of translation is try to help gamers to understand the game and play it less trouble, not to overwrite the game graphic and logo.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
I think the bigger question here, is why and when did Ninty change the name in Japan from Pocket Monsters to Pokemon?
Why? Because Nintendo called it Pokémon outside Japan.
When? The GBA generation.

popochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
dudeonline said:
I think the bigger question here, is why and when did Ninty change the name in Japan from Pocket Monsters to Pokemon?

Since even all Japanese children call it Pokemon? It's shorten of "Pocket Monsters" or "Poketto Monsutaa" (Japanese pronouncing). And Japanese like to shorten the name off. Eg. "Family Computer" -> "Famicom"

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
dudeonline said:
Why? Because Nintendo called it Pokémon outside Japan.
When? The GBA generation.
uh?no...pokemon was called pokemon years before the GBA even existed....

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could probably get it out to you guys ten days earlier than the release date like the last one. But that's still for another six months or so.

kenzspellz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
i would prefer to play the translation before the us release to get the grip of the game.. after that i would rather play the official release after they release them in us as it is much better because some translation might miss out some points

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm just wait before this game is out in real and buy it! thats because someone is jelous on me cos I haveenglish pkmn ss so I still think I am right a bit...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte