f#ck those pkmn translation!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Langin, Sep 22, 2009.

Sep 22, 2009

f#ck those pkmn translation! by Langin at 6:35 PM (4,889 Views / 0 Likes) 58 replies

1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    yes I am getting sick of all those pkmn ss and hg translations! why dont they combine the powers? so many treads about this... worthless I thing next week we have 5 more translations! so please I ask combine powers and then we may have an (much) quicker patch to download,then everyone is happy and then we dont have so much translation treads anymore! [​IMG]

gbatemp sorry I am getting crazy of this! so I wanted to say this to the whole forum!

p.s. I am not hating this I like it but there are to much [​IMG]

2. kevin1231

Member kevin1231 Advanced Member

United States
    So you're saying... fuck everyones translations right? but you want them to work together anyway? so when they work together, will you say fuck that translation aswell? And please, next time type in a form that wont rape the english language. You little douche theyre fuckin doing these translations for jackasses like you aswell and you wanna say fuck their work?

3. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Wow I don't think you actually read his post because he simply said that he is tired of there being 5 different hg/ss translations going on, but that he thinks that the groups should join together to make just one patch instead of 5 and I can see where he is coming from, since all the patches pretty much do all the same things,so far.

4. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    *snip*

He didn't read.

5. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    Firstly, What makes you THINK they can join together?
    Every Translator has there own way of translating, and including extra translators will get confusing and then the process could result in taking even longer.
    Its not that hard to pick one of the translators and stick with them, thats what I've done. By joining together a strong line of communication is needed and the same style of translating must be done, its like starting a new bussiness and training your staff. Your not good at it from the very start, you start off slow.

So get used to it I guess.

6. kevin1231

Member kevin1231 Advanced Member

United States
    Ok but how do you think if a translator felt if he read that someones saying fuck their work? Kazo alone has done more than anyone else here and this douche is basically saying his work is nothing compared to what it would be if he was combining it with 5 other people, which is stupid to say. Maybe he should rephrase that topic title because its very insulting to people who take their time transalting games while people like this will still complain and want everything done for them especially the way Sephiran just did

7. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    It would be harder to join them together now but if they had done it when HG/SS first came out it could have been cut down to only 1 maybe 2 patches, but hey as long as they keep working on them it all good to me.

8. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    That's not what he's saying. He's saying fuck the idea of their being multiple, there should be one using all the work and crediting the creators for what they do.

I don't see any point in the amount of translation patches, but I'm not gonna bitch about it because at least I'm getting something for nothing :/

9. ca_michelbach

Member ca_michelbach GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Awww...I thought this was a pikmin thread [​IMG]
    joking [​IMG] I think if all the translations joined it would suck but certainly if the best couple put there heads together and then the others could just dissapeared it'd work

10. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Fuck Pokemon [​IMG] and just wait for the official Translation.

PS: It would anyway make much more sense to translate a japanese game that will never released in EU/US instead of translating a game that will anyway be translated but that just my opinion [​IMG]

11. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Just shows you how much trouble pokemanz creates.

[​IMG]

12. outgum

New Zealand
    Well... i was just thinking, By having multiple translators, it gives them the ability to add there own touches. For example the Katakana patch is different to the Localized versions where the commands shouted at you using all caps, where translators can add there own little things like Un-caps. I guess its a case of finding one you like and staying with it.

13. Retal

Member Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    The thing I hate about the translation threads is that they tend to be started by egoists and filled with comments from puerile sycophants. But at least the two are well matched.

14. JesseB

Member JesseB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have to hand it to Nintendo when it comes to the whole Pokemon franchise. Whoever came up with the idea of selling what is essentially the same game with three different names is an absolute marketing genius! Next we'll have Pokemon purple shorts and Pokemon green pants. the only difference between the two is what your character wears. the sad thing is that people would still buy both. Brilliant!!!

15. Shinintendo

Member Shinintendo GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    I agree with the Thread Opener.
    There are too many translations for the same thing going on, shame ppl can't work together It would've been cut down the time by 1/2 at the least.

Pokehype - gotta translate it all

16. outgum

New Zealand
    Dude, Didn't you read what i just said before?
    I mean ok... I may not be 100% correct, But if everyone was to work together, there would be more confusion between the translators as to who is doing what, its FAR better to work independant so they can add there own little things without having to debate it. You just need to pick a translator and stick with them. its as easy as that!
    I dont see why people are so upset over the number of them.
    Plus, i dont think you deserve complaining rights if your not the one making a patch, i dont see you out making one, so we just have to go with the flow

17. TFDELTA

Member TFDELTA GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Yeah... the world is a holy shit xd

18. Veristical Blaze

Member Veristical Blaze GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I dont understand either, how more people on one project the less work for everyone... every translator always talking about their pride (and selfishness) they still get credits cuz they still do a translation. Raqib12 quitted, because insider92 wanted to help everyone by making a merged patch of KazoWARs trans and raqibs he gave a hint about working together. many people did

19. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    At this rate, it will be better to just wait for the official English release.

20. umjamalama

Newcomer umjamalama Member

United Kingdom
    i do agree with the fact that they should work together, theres too much of the same thing in the world. everyone trying to outdo eachother, trying to relese this faster than that...blah blah....

but the sad fact is, these translators prob's dont even live on the same continent, all lead diffrent lifes, so timing efforts and cooperating is a very hard thing to do.

i think in the future, the next time something is going to be translated or whatever, rather than everyone doing there own thing, we should coordinate our efforts.

say, start a thread saying "translation project for _____" get everyone who is interested in doing it talking and go from there, see who can do what, when, how..etc

i know its very idealistic and it would take alot of effort, but as they say

many hands make light work