EZV 3 in 1 is not seen

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by ljackass, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ljackass
    OP

ljackass Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2008
    United States
    I have just bought a EZ V slot 1 and an EZ V 3 in 1. The slot one works fine. However, the 3 in 1 seems to not be detected by my ds. On the start up screen, I see the ez flash slot once card, but the slot 2 box says no GBA cart inserted. I saw on EZFLASH website that you need to turn on GBAlink before you start the browser. The site however does not say how to do this. I even used the GBAlder program to see if that would help, but it said there is no 3 in 1 in my DS.

Basically, should the 3 in 1 be plug and play, or do I need to turn it on somehow? Thanks for any help.

2. janitormane

janitormane Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    It will only recognize it on the start screen if a gba game is on it.

3. MaHe

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    It detects whatever's written in the header, which is a part of NOR flash.
    If you write a GBA binary to it, it will be detected as any GBA game would, if it's empty, it will say 'No GBA game inserted' and if it's anything else (for example, I flashed the FlashME binary there) it will report as a "DS Option Pak". [​IMG]

4. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Use Rudolphs 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool to use the RAM or Rumble or flash a game to the NOR.

5. ljackass
    OP

ljackass Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2008
    United States
    Thanks for the help all. I kinda figured if I had nothing loaded on it, it would show up as no gamepak, but the problem was once I loaded up EZ Flash off of slot one, it did not see the expansion cart or write to it.

After loking at it, it seemed the finger contacts on the 3 in 1 were not making complete contact with the slot two contacts. I just took the cart apart, reseated it and tried again. Turned on the DS, loaded up EZFLASH and saw the GBAlink button on the main menu. Threw on KH:CoM and my save file and all is working.

Again thanks for the help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice