Hacking Ezflash III 4gb

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how much do these go for now? I have one, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I have a ds lite with an r4i 3ds and the ezflash 3in1. I play my games that way now. Any clue what they go for now? I can't find them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah they are rare as you like so not surprised if you can't find other examples.
Prior to this everdrive lark. Quite a lot.
With this everdrive lark. Probably still quite a lot but it does mean there are other options available for RTC games.

As ever something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Prior to everdrive's GBA offering I could well have seen it clear $100 USD. I could still see that but your market is a bit more limited.

Rundown for others.
Will require XP or XP VM to manage, might well require a battery change at this point.
4gb is 4 gigabit so 512 megabytes + 32 NOR.
Has RTC
Has a decent cheat engine
Has savestates. Not great/like an emulator but as good as they ever got on hardware really, probably better than any flash cart driven savestates on the DS.
Will come with a nice cradle/linker that allows you to dump GBA games and saves directly to your computer. (you will need to use the EZ1/2 EZClient program rather than EZManager though, you will also have to run EZMode beforehand).
Technically you can flash a DS loader to it and run some DS games there but it is not really worth it.
Compatibility wise is the same as https://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995 bar the RTC stuff, and there are some fixes in the client for some of the others but you might still want to use the later patches.

Among GBA era flash carts it is probably only the 8 gigabit version of this which is more desirable, include DS era GBA slot stuff and it is only the M3 and G6 line which will provide some real competition.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the information. I've been using the linker to swap saves from this cart to my r4i gold. It works good. I was going to change the battery. Then I found, it's normal for the saves to write on next boot as the save it temporarily written the memory. I found that in the awesome wiki page. Also I found that the "battery dry on first run" error is normal. I've always gotten that. I also feel strange about running xp on my Windows 7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: I used to TICKLE MY PICKLE to ANGRY BIRDS!!11!!!