Hardware EZflash card IV freezes on "gameboy" screen

malkav616

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i've been having a problem with my EZflash card IV on my GBA SP.
You see...i have this flash card for a about 2 months now and it was working perfectly, but today i decided i wanted to play a GBC game so took of the flash card and put in the other game, that also worked fine, but then when i put the flash card back it would freeze the "gameboy" screen without the "nintendo" under it.I tried everything to make it work: blowing, cleaning, checking if there was a obstruction, checking if it was properly put in but doesn't work. I tried other GBA cartridges and they worked fine so it seens the problem its the flashcard.
Any ideas on what i should do guys? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The closest I've heard to this is the 3-in-1 losing save files if removed from the system.

Clean the cartridge contacts again. Remove and re-seat the SD card. Aside form that... no idea. Try it in another system if you can.

malkav616

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hmmm...I've searched about this problem around the net too but i couldn't find anything either.
I'll test it on my cousin's GBA and see if the problem its my gameboy.
But if it doesn't work, should i buy a new flashcard? can i repair it? flashcards are kinda expensive over here(about $50-60)

arrghus8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem with mine as well. I updated firmware on the card, and got the latest patching software and it fixed it. Hope that helps.

killer7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
1darksword.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem good luck on fixing the issue
smile.gif

If you do get yours working again could you tell how you did it?

malkav616

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I DID IT!!!! I CAN'T BELIVE I DID IT!!!
I tried everything: instaling the new firmwere and other things but nothing worked.Then i read somewhere that this problem could be because the pins weren't connecting correctly and someone said something about a "paper trick" where i get a long strip of papper and insert it between the pins and the plastic.I gave it a shot and IT WORKED!!!!!
here's what he said: "Either way I'd suggest trying the paper trick. Just place a smaller long strip of paper underneath the contact pins of the ez4 (wedged between the circuit board and the plastic case)."
Oh god i'm so happy =D
But thank you all guys for the help so far =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up