Hacking EZFlash 3in1 inside M3 Perfect case (pictures)

betawind

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Posted this on this topic, figured I'd make it a post of its own for ease of finding...

Ok...

So I did a bit more work, and I'm quite pleased with how it came out. Please excuse the quality of the pictures though as I was taking them with my camera. Also, there are no disassembly pictures of the 3 in 1, only the result of it being out of the case. One note of caution, the rumble part of it is attached to the case by a sticky foam, so exercise care when opening the case. I used a small flat head screwdriver to pry it up from the plastic it was attached to.

1. Get the 3 in 1 out of its case.
1.jpg

2. Take the M3 Perfect case apart. Notice the 2 circled areas?
2.jpg
3.jpg

I removed the plastic from both of these, as seen below, using a exacto-knife. This was so that the rumble mechanism could better inside the case. Also, on the right picture, the area circled in cyan, I shaved off just a small bit of this after I had already put it back together (I took it apart again though first, of course
tongue.gif
). That plastic part was sitting right on a piece of the 3 in 1 and it just didnt sit right with me. I have no clue if this is necessary, but the card did seem to go in a bit easier after I did it.
5.jpg
4.jpg

3. I placed the 3 in 1 inside the M3 Perfect case as shown below:
6.jpg

4. I used a small piece of plastic (a left over piece from a nerf gun mod project a few weeks back) that I super glued in to brace the right side of the cart. The left side was already held in by one of the tabs not removed from the M3 case.
7.jpg

5. I gave the glue a bit to set then put it back together. I then put it in my DS, fired up Rudolph's 3 in 1, and crossed my fingers. It booted up without a hitch.

Well, thats about it. Overall it was a really easy modification/transplant/whatever and I'm very please with it. The cart works flawlessly. The only thing I wish I could have done was gone out and purchased some double sided sticky foam tape to replace the stuff that came with it, as it got a bit non-sticky after me handling it so much.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Hope this helps,

~Beta

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone know if this will also work when putting the Phat 3in1 in a M3 Lite case? I don't have a DS Lite yet, but I may buy one in the future. I'm looking to buy a EZ 3in1 for the DS Phat, but if I can't change it to a Lite case later I might go for the Lite one and use this mod.

betawind

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Now you can fool people into thinking that you have an M3 perfect while it is really a 3in1.

Haha, I could! Until they saw the orange piece sticking out of what would be the microSD slot
tongue.gif
I actually no longer have it in that case though as I got a crimson ds lite.

Does anyone know if this will also work when putting the Phat 3in1 in a M3 Lite case? I don't have a DS Lite yet, but I may buy one in the future. I'm looking to buy a EZ 3in1 for the DS Phat, but if I can't change it to a Lite case later I might go for the Lite one and use this mod.

Short answer - It should. I would imagine the case would be very similar in size between the 3 in 1 and the M3 Lite. The thing I don't know is if the internals of the GBA size cart are the same as the lite, and if they did something similar to what I did (much less ghetto-ified tho). If you check yours and the internals are the size of a full GBA cart, then the answer would be no. If they are the size of a lite cart then you should be fine (you may just need to shave out a bit of the M3 lite case, like I did w/ the perfect).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o