Hacking EZFlash 3-in-1 save problems - even after replacing battery

GSR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much what it says in the topic. Back in late '08 my 3-in-1 stopped saving, so I let it lie for a while then got a replacement battery. Stuck the new battery in, and now it still doesn't seem to save properly, and has some trouble loading (though that might just be from me renaming things to keep my saves from being overwritten with nothing.) It often saves a save file with gibberish for an extension (eg. %寣寣) that either seems like the save only misnamed or is sometimes just empty. Any ideas?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The closest thing to this is the battery on the DS was fully depleted when you did the battery change on your 3in1. This would in effect reset your DS config. Depending on what slot1 flashcart you in there, it would have autoselected the default language to use as chinese for you instead of english.

The fix to this one is to take out the slot1 and slot2 flashcarts and config your DS to english and any other settings you prefer. Then put them back in and try again. If your still getting the chinese characters, try changing the language on the slot1 flashcart to english.

The other answer I heard was to first backup your microSD then reformat the microSD then restore your backed up files to the microSD. If it still happens and your microSD is a few years old, it means you have to go get a new one.

You don't explain things very well and you don't give all the information needed, that is why you get a vauge set of answers.

GSR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if I was vague. Here's the situation as best I can put it.

A. Using an M3 DS Simply as my Slot-1 card.
B. Using the EZFlash 3-in-1 expansion as my Slot-2 device.

1. EZFlash works fine for several months.
2. Stops saving after some time.
3. I replace the battery.
4. Sporadic saving ability is present, sometimes working, most often not. Doesn't seem to save onto the EZFlash well - eg. Mother 3 will give a corrupted data message if loaded into NOR, saved, and restarted. As for saving onto the Slot-1 cart, there's the problems above of the odd save extension.

My DS/Slot-1 configs seem perfectly fine in every aspect, so I don't know what you're going on about there. Will try reformatting/etc. though.

GSR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just posting to say that after trying various methods, I finally determined that I just have the worst luck in the universe - the replacement battery was a dud to begin with. Thanks for the help anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol