1. aaaaaa123456789

Newcomer

Argentina
    Most GB development is done in assembly; the platform isn't suitable for compilation.

2. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    both titles use a different mapper.

LA uses the MBC1B mapper, here's a list of other titles using the same mapper you can cross-check:
    https://gbhwdb.gekkio.fi/cartridges/mbc1.html

LA DX uses the MBC5 mapper, here's a list of other titles using the same mapper you can cross check:
    https://gbhwdb.gekkio.fi/cartridges/mbc5.html

seeing as Pokemon yellow is on there (as well as the german red/blue cards, for some reason), it's safe to say that it's not a specific mapper issue.

I was not able to break the save game of either LA, LA DX or pokemon blau/rot (German versions) they all save fine and save games did not disappear or break on fw 1.04e

So I guess there must be some issue on the user side. How do corrupt save games manifest for you? Does it make a difference whether you rest the GB with the button on the cartridge or power toggling the unit? Is your SD card formated with a 32k cluster size? Maybe an issue with the filename length?

Last edited by Localhorst86, Jun 30, 2020
  3. WiLLiW

WiLLiW Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    It occours on kernel and firm 1.05. I guess it's more often after save and then power off system (without press reset back-button).
    But I don't care anymore, I prefer to wait for a new update, or go back to 1.04, whatever :rolleyes:

4. RetroKarl

RetroKarl Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Ok, thanks for the info mate, I will try to test. Cheers. Yes, but WiLLiW said previously that the issue was with 1.05, I think that the main issue he is trying to point is that if this is a bug present in FW5 K1.05 (Beta), and if the FW5 K1.05 (Official-Stable) is going to be bassed in the FW5 K1.05 (Beta), there's a huge probability of inheriting the Bug with the saves in the next release.
    Yes, there is something weird and inestable sometimes with the save process of the FW5 K1.05 compared to the FW4 K1.04e wich is rock solid.

Ok, I just opened 2 cards with the RTC jump issue in FW4 K1.04e, and 2 cards working flawlessly. It is a little weird but the Chip in the upper left corner has white lettering in the two paragraphs on the faulty ones, and white lettering in the first paragraph (but very light color like if it was a little bit ereased) and black lettering in the second paragraph in the ones that are working great. But maybe its just a coincidence.
    Comp001.jpg Comp002.jpg Comp003.jpg Comp004.jpg Comp005.jpg

Last edited by RetroKarl, Jul 2, 2020
  5. daddu3

daddu3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    Can confirm the RTC jumping issues on my JR - noticed this on my PKMN Crystal upon starting a new save on it. Hopefully firmware updates are enough to fix it, until then, might stick to non-RTC titles for a while~

Last edited by daddu3, Jul 1, 2020
  6. naytai

naytai Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello
    Can we expect cheats support in a future firmware?

7. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    No

8. naytai

naytai Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Not a developer plan?

9. EZ-Flash2

OP EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China

This series of photos is meaningless, You always think there is a big conspiracy or a big news.

Let me tell, instead of killing your brain cells on this matter, it’s better to sit down and play games, waiting for us to release new firmware.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

There is no cheat function in the product feature list for now.

nashismo and Shadow#1 like this.
  10. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    He is right, guys, let just wait for the new firmware and let's not waste our life trying to fix this ourselves! The devs here are saying they will be releasing a newer better firmware, let's just wait for the next one. After that then we can continue uploading our findings to the devs.

I am still hoping for Super Gameboy support though :)

11. EZ-Flash2

China
    Thank you for your understanding, The SGB support is on the development list. but not so soon.

nashismo likes this.
  12. RetroKarl

RetroKarl Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Conspiracy? Really? Of course there is no conspiracy, it's just a flash card mate. I'm pretty sure that it is an issue with different supliers of components that can be solved by software. I just tested and posted all this stuff because I never got a clear answer from you if this is the case or these cards are defective. Thats all.

Sorry if I offended you, it was not the intention. Cheers. And as always, thanks for the hard work.

Last edited by RetroKarl, Jul 2, 2020
    limpbiz411 likes this.
  13. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    The devs are chinese so it is a language misunderstanding. He probably means, that you should not put so much thought into it! It is better if we just wait, I understand you very much because I've been waiting for Super Gameboy support for many months, but we have to be patient and not try to look to deep into this. They worked in Omega Flash flashcard so they are very good at what they do, they just need time.

14. EZ-Flash2

China
    blame Google translate. for what I mean is do not focus the issue too much right now.

we already known it and working on it.

nashismo and RetroKarl like this.
  15. WiLLiW

WiLLiW Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Sad, but true.

16. bbsan2k

bbsan2k Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    You may want to use DeepL instead as a translator - it is way ahead of what google can provide. Hope it is available in China though...

17. EZ-Flash2

China
    I know it. but it is not handy to use. no free api. I wrote a Popclip plugin for inline quick google translate.

CubeBag and bbsan2k like this.
  18. Darkrai

Darkrai Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I now it is off-topic but, isn't it easier to just learn to speak English than keep using translators?

19. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Actually no it's easier to use translators

20. Darkrai

Darkrai Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    When you have to be in constant contact with people that only knows English I don't think so, it would make his job easier. At least it did for me...

Anyway, I'm having the same problem with RTS on my EZFJr., but I'm on the official 1.04e firmware. In Pokémon Crystal, the game isn't changing the day and it is one hour ahead.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - TestFlight, Junior, FLASH