1. NYDN

NYDN Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried using it with my original GBA, it doesn't seem to work as well. Do you think it might be the SD card or a faulty cart? The seller won't give me a refund so looks like I'm screwed.

2. RetroKarl

RetroKarl Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hi, I have some similar issues and another ones after weeks of test (You can see all Issues in the reply #199) with several EZ Flash Jr cards, If you have the issues with FW4 1.04e, in Pkmn official games, then I guess your card is defective like one of the four that I have. :s, But if your issues are with FW5 1.05, then try FW4 1.04E. Cheers mate

Hi, try to use different microSD cards and FW4 1.04e from the official EZ Flash site. If the problem continues, then maybe it is the EZ Flash Jr the defective one. Cheers mate

3. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    hopefully they fix this issue soon.

4. NYDN

NYDN Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Bought new microSD cards, just getting a black screen now. Tried every firmware that's out there. Used it on GBP, GBC and GBA.

5. coolbho3000

coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Instead of creating your own save file format for RTC games, why not save a second `.rtc` file? This way, we can transfer the saves to other flash carts and emulators. If you create your own save format, we can't use the save file anywhere else.

My Everdrive GB X7 does this. It creates 2 files for RTC games. One stores the save, the other stores RTC info. The RTC file is really small, only a few bytes.

Last edited by coolbho3000, Jun 20, 2020
    limpbiz411 likes this.
  6. RetroKarl

RetroKarl Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Well... That sucks mate, mmm, maybe trying to use the FW3 1.03? I don't know what else can you do, maybe removing the battery for a couple of minutes. I hope the Developer can help you. Cheers

Agree, and it was pointed out before by @Localhorst86 and then by me, but we never get a response from the Developer. Cheers

Attached Files:

7. WiLLiW

WiLLiW Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Now that's what I call EZ-Flash fan! thumbs up!

Last edited by WiLLiW, Jun 20, 2020
    nashismo likes this.
  8. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    I think we all here want the Flash Junior cart to be the BEST in the world, it has the potential to be the best Gameboy Flashcard ever. Cheers and let's only hope the Flash Junior team can continue working on it.

Last edited by nashismo, Jun 20, 2020
    WiLLiW likes this.
  9. EZ-Flash2

OP EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China

If you are not in a hurry to play RTC-related games these days, I suggest you wait a few days until the official release of FW5

WiLLiW and Shadow#1 like this.
  10. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    Is anyone else experiencing corrupted saves for Zelda - Link's Awakening/Zelda - Link's Awakening DX? I've been using 1.05 testflight I think... Released in April I believe.

11. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    That game does not have RTC so the new save routine r only for RTC games so doesn't matter what fw your using

12. Jayro

United States
    So will this need a fix going forward, or maybe a save patch applied? Asking for myself. @EZ-Flash2 .

13. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    Why you not open source the kernel like you do with Omega? i think it will help a lot.

Jayro and aaaaaa123456789 like this.
  14. RAHelllord

RAHelllord Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I played through LA DX on my Jr without any issues at all, maybe ensure the MicroSD you're using is okay, or that the version of the rom matches the version of your save file, if you didn't make a fresh one.

15. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    No problems with saves here, be sure to check your SD card. My seller sent me an SD card with my Flash Junior and it was bad, had to throw it in the trash. Use the program FAKEFLASHTEST.exe to test your card.

16. RetroKarl

RetroKarl Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hi, Jayro, I think that @WiLLiW reported a similar issue with the same game in reply #196. But I've never had a ".sav" file getting corrupted. You can try FW4 Kernel 1.04e Offical, it was way more stable in the "reset-power off/on" saving procedure. At least for my 4 EZFJr cards. Cheers.

Last edited by RetroKarl, Jun 22, 2020
  17. Jayro

United States
    My SD card is legit, so I think I'll wait for it to go stable. I'm not in any huge rush to play it. (Been enjoying the remake on Switch)

18. rmrf-r

rmrf-r Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    del

Last edited by rmrf-r, Jun 23, 2020
  19. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Yes, well I have had legit cards doing all sorts of weird stuff, you should name brand and size. Did you use FAKEFLASHTEST.exe to check on it, and did you format it using SD Card Formatter?

If you are not going to follow or listen to our recommendations, then you should not bother asking.

20. Jayro

United States
    Sandisk 8GB Class (4), and no i haven't tried that fake thing yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - TestFlight, Junior, FLASH