1. kokiri_link

kokiri_link GBAtemp Regular

I have a strange problem with my EZ Flash JR. I'm using a 16gb Sandisk micro sd, formatted in the correct way (FAT 32, 32kb cluster, etc). No matter what I try, or what kernel I use, I can't get my GB ROMs folder to show up. I have two folders, one for GB and the other for GBC - The GBC folder shows up no problem and I can access every game in there (over 500). If I take all of the ROMs out of the folder and place them on the root, I can access them no problem, but it's really messy! Any help?

2. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    RTC Doesnt work for me any firmware. Time always jumps all over the place.

3. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    also pokemon prism RTC jumps every 4 minutes after each save.

4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Make 27 folders under GB and GBC #-Z and sort accordingly

5. NYDN

NYDN Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a game boy color and keep getting stuck on loading, osinit screen, have tried every firmware and format. Is there anything i'm doing wrong?

Attached Files:

6. RetroKarl

RetroKarl Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hi, I already have Four EZ-Flash Jr, and I can tell you, the issues with the RTC are not related to the SD Cards at all, I have 2 cards working fine in FW4-FW5, 1.04-1.05, another that gets sometimes crazy (RTC in game Pkmn official games, NO-INTRO) with FW5 1.05, but works fine with FW4 1.04e (I have one mate in another forum with the same issues) and a final one that gets super crazy with FW5 1.05, and FW4 1.04e jumps the hr each 30 secs with Pkmn official games. And the developer said that it was a known issue, so I guess that we are dealing with many defective cards or different quality in components.
    EZFJR.jpg

I have some similar issues with 2 out of 4 EZFlash Jr cards, the developer said that It was a "known issue" and tried to solve it in FW5 Kernel 1.05, but things gets only worst in my two cards with the problem. I hope he can give us an answer. Because I have another mate with similar issues, so I want to know if we are dealing with many defective units.

Last edited by RetroKarl, Jun 19, 2020
  7. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Well, it is a good thing you make a summary of the situation, I hope Flash Junior team reads this.

8. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm about to request a refund and get another one i guess. I will go through this process til i get one working i suppose. I just got it today.

9. EZ-Flash2

OP EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China
    The RTC code in FW4 has glitch with specific game.

We are rewriting the RTC code in FW5 and adding individual RTC data in save file. the work is not finished.

if you are not a veteran. please stay with FW4 and K1.04, things will be ok when the FW5 and K1.05 final release done.
    if you want join the hell of test and does not fear any issues which you will be encounted, feel free to update every version which I posted in this thread.

scroeffie1984 likes this.
  10. Shadow#1

United States
    Try powering via power jack and see if it works that backlight looks like it needs alot of juice so stoping the Jr from working

11. NYDN

NYDN Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    May have to buy one, I have some rechargeable batteries that I used that made the light turn off but it still had the same effect on the loading screen.

Update: Found a charger, didn't seem to do the trick.

Last edited by NYDN, Jun 19, 2020
  12. RetroKarl

RetroKarl Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hi, do you have any idea of the reason of the different behaviors of all the cards? Because in the 4 EZFlash Jr cards that I have, I get a lot of different behaviors like if all of them are different hardware. Do you think the one with the time switch each 30 secs on the FW4 1.04e will have a solution? Or I better request a refund?... Thanks in advance for your time and for the hard work. Cheers

Last edited by RetroKarl, Jun 19, 2020
  13. Shadow#1

United States
    And still not work after maybe look into other screen mods like the TFT backlit or the IPS kits

14. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    I have a Flash Junior with 1.04e and I tested Pokemon Prism Version 0.94 Build 0235 (standard). Tested on Super Gameboy on my SNES and it started (didnt play because it is a GB Color game) and in my Gamecube Gameboy Player it works perfectly, but this time I can play it of course. The RTC clock does not work correctly though.

Last edited by nashismo, Jun 19, 2020
  15. NYDN

NYDN Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a GBP that it doesn't work on but I read that's due to the limitations of the handheld. I just got the GBC recently as a custom mod, I do have an original GBA that I will try and test it on tomorrow. Thanks for your help and response, I really do appreciate the outreach,

16. Shadow#1

United States
    Np the TFT Backlit mod is solderless drop in as shown in my pic
    [​IMG]

17. NYDN

NYDN Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Nice! I had mine commissioned and it was a LOCA mod for the display. I have been trying to get back into modding again, I stopped back in high school many moons ago. I tend to find GBC at swap meets and yard sales for cheap, I will have to look into the TFT mod

18. Shadow#1

United States
    I looked at the LOCA mods they 2as just not up to my standards as I have seen way to many videos of them coming out like shit I wanted a better mod and the image is bright and crisp

19. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Thats really beautiful! Did you use the FunnyPlaying V2 IPS screen? Or something else? Cheers and thank you for sharing.

20. kerobscure

kerobscure Advanced Member
    Newcomer

In my Ez-Flash don't work the RTC when I power off the Game Boy, the time freezes while i don't playing, so cursed.

I have the last stable firmware

RetroKarl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - TestFlight, Junior, FLASH