Hacking EZ-FLASH Junior TestFlight

NYDN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try powering via power jack and see if it works that backlight looks like it needs alot of juice so stoping the Jr from working
I tried using it with my original GBA, it doesn't seem to work as well. Do you think it might be the SD card or a faulty cart? The seller won't give me a refund so looks like I'm screwed.

RetroKarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In my Ez-Flash don't work the RTC when I power off the Game Boy, the time freezes while i don't playing, so cursed.

I have the last stable firmware

Hi, I have some similar issues and another ones after weeks of test (You can see all Issues in the reply #199) with several EZ Flash Jr cards, If you have the issues with FW4 1.04e, in Pkmn official games, then I guess your card is defective like one of the four that I have. :s, But if your issues are with FW5 1.05, then try FW4 1.04E. Cheers mate

I tried using it with my original GBA, it doesn't seem to work as well. Do you think it might be the SD card or a faulty cart? The seller won't give me a refund so looks like I'm screwed.

Hi, try to use different microSD cards and FW4 1.04e from the official EZ Flash site. If the problem continues, then maybe it is the EZ Flash Jr the defective one. Cheers mate

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have some similar issues and another ones after weeks of test (You can see all Issues in the reply #199) with several EZ Flash Jr cards, If you have the issues with FW4 1.04e, in Pkmn official games, then I guess your card is defective like one of the four that I have. :s, But if your issues are with FW5 1.05, then try FW4 1.04E. Cheers mate

Hi, try to use different microSD cards and FW4 1.04e from the official EZ Flash site. If the problem continues, then maybe it is the EZ Flash Jr the defective one. Cheers mate
hopefully they fix this issue soon.

NYDN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bought new microSD cards, just getting a black screen now. Tried every firmware that's out there. Used it on GBP, GBC and GBA.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
The RTC code in FW4 has glitch with specific game.

We are rewriting the RTC code in FW5 and adding individual RTC data in save file. the work is not finished.

if you are not a veteran. please stay with FW4 and K1.04, things will be ok when the FW5 and K1.05 final release done.
if you want join the hell of test and does not fear any issues which you will be encounted, feel free to update every version which I posted in this thread.

Instead of creating your own save file format for RTC games, why not save a second `.rtc` file? This way, we can transfer the saves to other flash carts and emulators. If you create your own save format, we can't use the save file anywhere else.

My Everdrive GB X7 does this. It creates 2 files for RTC games. One stores the save, the other stores RTC info. The RTC file is really small, only a few bytes.

Last edited by coolbho3000,
Reactions: limpbiz411

RetroKarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bought new microSD cards, just getting a black screen now. Tried every firmware that's out there. Used it on GBP, GBC and GBA.

Well... That sucks mate, mmm, maybe trying to use the FW3 1.03? I don't know what else can you do, maybe removing the battery for a couple of minutes. I hope the Developer can help you. Cheers

Instead of creating your own save file format for RTC games, why not save a second `.rtc` file? This way, we can transfer the saves to other flash carts and emulators. If you create your own save format, we can't use the save file anywhere else.

My Everdrive GB X7 does this. It creates 2 files for RTC games. One stores the save, the other stores RTC info. The RTC file is really small, only a few bytes.

Agree, and it was pointed out before by @Localhorst86 and then by me, but we never get a response from the Developer. Cheers
https://gbatemp.net/members/localhorst86.351627/

Attachments

• juniorkernel20200112.zip
    385.6 KB · Views: 162

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I already have Four EZ-Flash Jr, and I can tell you, the issues with the RTC are not related to the SD Cards at all, I have 2 cards working fine in FW4-FW5, 1.04-1.05, another that gets sometimes crazy (RTC in game Pkmn official games, NO-INTRO) with FW5 1.05, but works fine with FW4 1.04e (I have one mate in another forum with the same issues) and a final one that gets super crazy with FW5 1.05, and FW4 1.04e jumps the hr each 30 secs with Pkmn official games. And the developer said that it was a known issue, so I guess that we are dealing with many defective cards or different quality in components.
View attachment 213976

I have some similar issues with 2 out of 4 EZFlash Jr cards, the developer said that It was a "known issue" and tried to solve it in FW5 Kernel 1.05, but things gets only worst in my two cards with the problem. I hope he can give us an answer. Because I have another mate with similar issues, so I want to know if we are dealing with many defective units.

Now that's what I call EZ-Flash fan! thumbs up!

Last edited by WiLLiW,
Reactions: nashismo

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Now that's what I call EZ-Flash fan! thumbs up!

I think we all here want the Flash Junior cart to be the BEST in the world, it has the potential to be the best Gameboy Flashcard ever. Cheers and let's only hope the Flash Junior team can continue working on it.

Last edited by nashismo,
Reactions: WiLLiW

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi, do you have any idea of the reason of the different behaviors of all the cards? Because in the 4 EZFlash Jr cards that I have, I get a lot of different behaviors like if all of them are different hardware. Do you think the one with the time switch each 30 secs on the FW4 1.04e will have a solution? Or I better request a refund?... Thanks in advance for your time and for the hard work. Cheers

If you are not in a hurry to play RTC-related games these days, I suggest you wait a few days until the official release of FW5

Reactions: WiLLiW and Shadow#1

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else experiencing corrupted saves for Zelda - Link's Awakening/Zelda - Link's Awakening DX? I've been using 1.05 testflight I think... Released in April I believe.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else experiencing corrupted saves for Zelda - Link's Awakening/Zelda - Link's Awakening DX? I've been using 1.05 testflight I think... Released in April I believe.
That game does not have RTC so the new save routine r only for RTC games so doesn't matter what fw your using

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That game does not have RTC so the new save routine r only for RTC games so doesn't matter what fw your using
So will this need a fix going forward, or maybe a save patch applied? Asking for myself. @EZ-Flash2 .

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I played through LA DX on my Jr without any issues at all, maybe ensure the MicroSD you're using is okay, or that the version of the rom matches the version of your save file, if you didn't make a fresh one.

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

No problems with saves here, be sure to check your SD card. My seller sent me an SD card with my Flash Junior and it was bad, had to throw it in the trash. Use the program FAKEFLASHTEST.exe to test your card.

RetroKarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, Jayro, I think that @WiLLiW reported a similar issue with the same game in reply #196. But I've never had a ".sav" file getting corrupted. You can try FW4 Kernel 1.04e Offical, it was way more stable in the "reset-power off/on" saving procedure. At least for my 4 EZFJr cards. Cheers.

Last edited by RetroKarl,

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My SD card is legit, so I think I'll wait for it to go stable. I'm not in any huge rush to play it. (Been enjoying the remake on Switch)

Yes, well I have had legit cards doing all sorts of weird stuff, you should name brand and size. Did you use FAKEFLASHTEST.exe to check on it, and did you format it using SD Card Formatter?

If you are not going to follow or listen to our recommendations, then you should not bother asking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol