Hacking EZ Flash IV 2.0 Kernel Release - No more patching

kralde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try a different SD card. One that's SDHC compliant.

So if I purchase a micro sd-mini sd adaptor...after flashing the 2.04 firmware with the old mini sd card , I have to use a micro sd with sdhc with the adaptor?
thanks a lot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Strange, I'm using 2.03 on a miniSD version of the cart. Even got a 32GB microSD (w/ adapter) in to basically fit the complete official library. I was meaning to ask if there was a way to get a NES emulator working on this, so I could maybe play Rockman4 Minus Infinity on the cart.:hrth:

@kralde Are you using an actual miniSD, or a microSD with a miniSD adapter? the miniSD adapters are going to be tough to find now, but sounds like you might need to try a different SD to begin with.
thanks a lot! I'm using a NOKIA 512 MB mini sd...xd
I'll try to find an adaptor and i'll try it then
thanks !

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Same" problem is in Windows too: Windows likes to create hidden System Volume Information, which will also show in when using EzFlash.
I can help with that.
  • Insert the SD card you use for your EZFlash into your computer.
  • Run Command Prompt as an Administrator (On Windows 10, search cmd using Cortana, right click Command Prompt, and choose Run as Administrator.)
  • Navigate to the root of the SD card. (If your SD card is assigned to Drive D:, for example, you would type d: and then press enter.)
  • Type in or copy+paste rmdir "System Volume information" /S /Q , and then press enter.
  • Remove the SD card from the computer.
Unfortunately, Windows will recreate the folder every time your insert the SD card into your computer, and I don't know how to prevent that, but you can repeat the above process to remove it again.

Cartoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi
First - sorry for my english;)
And 2nd
In my ez-flash IV with 2.03 kernel I have double roms of all games
FIrst rom have about 4kB and I can't open it, 2nd rom have normal size and I can open it (picture below)
But it is little frustrating because the list of games is really long.
Anyone have the same problem?

View attachment 106656

Is a mac problem since it likes to create format files of file extensions it does not recognise.
The easiest way to remove those from your ezflash is to go into the terminal, cd to the volumes folder and typ "rm -rf .*" This removes all hidden files with one command. If you are really lazy you could create a bash-script to remove them and source it when you remove the MircoSD ;)

aldighieri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,
hope somebody can help me
I have the EZ flash IV white version, the mini sd one.
I tried all the updates from the official website, and all I got is a blue "EZPDA" screen, and then, a lot of black lines starts to fill the screen.(look at the picture)
the mini sd is FAT16. I tried also to format it to fat32 AFTER the update.
However, when I use a 1,71 firmaware (or below) I can use the cart with no issues.

Does the white cart support the latest firmwares? If yes, What I'm doing wrong?
I had the same problem, I solved by remaking the solders of this IC.

Attachments

• bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: zfreeman

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem, I solved by remaking the solders of this IC.
I would rather just buy an EZ-FLASH Omega than put a soldering iron to that board. I also don't have the right soldering iron tips to do such a 'repair'.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
well, its an older bump. I assume it's more likely a non-compatible sd card anyway.
I have a 1GB Mini SD card I found in a used Wii in my EZ-Flash IV right now, but it's on 1.72 firmwware, and hasn't been touched in years. Do you think it would be worth updating to the newer 2.xx firmware with that Mini SD?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a 1GB Mini SD card I found in a used Wii in my EZ-Flash IV right now, but it's on 1.72 firmwware, and hasn't been touched in years. Do you think it would be worth updating to the newer 2.xx firmware with that Mini SD?
No. It most likely won't work. Compatibility with non-SDHC cards (I.e. cards smaller than 4gb) has been practically removed with the introduction of SDHC compatibility in version 1.75

Updating is recommended, but you'll need to switch to a SDHC card.

EDIT: for white miniSD ezflash IV cards, you'll still need a non-SDHC card for kernel updates as the bootloader remains untouched.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
No. It most likely won't work. Compatibility with non-SDHC cards (I.e. cards smaller than 4gb) has been practically removed with the introduction of SDHC compatibility in version 1.75

Updating is recommended, but you'll need to switch to a SDHC card.

EDIT: for white miniSD ezflash IV cards, you'll still need a non-SDHC card for kernel updates as the bootloader remains untouched.
Okay, so I'll save the 1GB card for updates, and get a 4GB SDHC card for games. It's a shame they removed non-SDHC card support in 1.75, as it seemed like a needless thing to do.

aldighieri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would rather just buy an EZ-FLASH Omega than put a soldering iron to that board. I also don't have the right soldering iron tips to do such a 'repair'.
Here we use to fix things, not put in trash and buy a new one. This flash card have a bad soldering work. I'm using a 2gb micro sd, working perfect on fw 2.05.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Here we use to fix things, not put in trash and buy a new one. This flash card have a bad soldering work. I'm using a 2gb micro sd, working perfect on fw 2.05.
Well I'm gonna keep it in my Gamecube's Gameboy Player, and I need another flash cart for my GBA so I don't have to swap it out all the time. I might as well buy the Omega.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s