Country
Gambia, The

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It is working now! I used a 2 GB Card instead of the 16 GB one (which was really cheap, so I think that was the problem) Thanks for you help :)
test it with that software i told you.
if it shows errors, i suggest you to trash the place you get a fake card from

trianglewalks91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i get 'file format error' every time i try and run a game - not sure why but the patch doesn't seem to be running automatically - do I need to make it happen somehow?? (i have no idea what i am doing)

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
i get 'file format error' every time i try and run a game - not sure why but the patch doesn't seem to be running automatically - do I need to make it happen somehow?? (i have no idea what i am doing)
are you sure you are downloading right roms in gba format? and launching the roms?
the patch does it automatically...
make sure you got a good micro sd card..

you can also try to patch with the ez iv client...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

HO. PS: the card doesn't support compressed files like zip or 7zip.
make sure it's a gba file, so if you are downloading roms, which very likely comes in a zip rar or 7z file, you must open with http://www.7-zip.org/ (for example) and extract the gba into the sd card

Last edited by migles,

trianglewalks91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are you sure you are downloading right roms in gba format? and launching the roms?
the patch does it automatically...
make sure you got a good micro sd card..

you can also try to patch with the ez iv client...

Thanks for replying! the format I have them in is .gba, I have installed the kernel file, held R as I started up to write it to the flash card, then copied a game over and tried to run it from the directory and just got the error in the pic.

The EZIV client crashes every time I try and patch the roms on my old windows laptop (currently using mac which won't run it), as does the one other client I've found (the main one linked on gbatemp is old so the file link has expired - I've posted on the thread). So I was wondering if the roms I have aren't formatted correctly? Sorry this has been 48 hours of me tearing my hair out trying to get this to work

Edit: also I'm using a 32gb microSDHC - the game names show up on the ezf4 though so it seems like it's working just the formatting error

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 292
Last edited by trianglewalks91,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
try freshly formatting your SD card and copy a single game over (make a backup of whatever files you want to keep first). Make sure the game runs fine in an emulator on the PC before trying it on the EZFlash IV. If that doesn't help maybe try a different SD card.

Additionally, you might want to safely eject the SD Card from windows before removing it from your SD Reader. Sometimes files can be corrupted if the storage hasn't been removed safely from the system as the file might not be fully written to the device yet (It's an issue with windows caching write operations to removable storage)

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks for replying! the format I have them in is .gba, I have installed the kernel file, held R as I started up to write it to the flash card, then copied a game over and tried to run it from the directory and just got the error in the pic.

The EZIV client crashes every time I try and patch the roms on my old windows laptop (currently using mac which won't run it), as does the one other client I've found (the main one linked on gbatemp is old so the file link has expired - I've posted on the thread). So I was wondering if the roms I have aren't formatted correctly? Sorry this has been 48 hours of me tearing my hair out trying to get this to work

Edit: also I'm using a 32gb microSDHC - the game names show up on the ezf4 though so it seems like it's working just the formatting error
try what above user said
try to flash again the firmware this time with the official 2.1 http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/ez4_20170615.zip temporarly to see if it solves the problem
try to get back to 1.75 or even 1.74 (sometimes going to an older version and upgrade again, seems to fix some problems some users got) note that you need a SD NOT HC card (like 1-2 gb) for stuff bellow 1.75
for reference, what card you got?

trianglewalks91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
try freshly formatting your SD card and copy a single game over (make a backup of whatever files you want to keep first). Make sure the game runs fine in an emulator on the PC before trying it on the EZFlash IV. If that doesn't help maybe try a different SD card.

Additionally, you might want to safely eject the SD Card from windows before removing it from your SD Reader. Sometimes files can be corrupted if the storage hasn't been removed safely from the system as the file might not be fully written to the device yet (It's an issue with windows caching write operations to removable storage)

thanks, I've tested the rom files with an emulator. still no luck sadly (although the error message has changed). have ordered a different SD card to try, fingers crossed for this time!

considering just waiting until i have money and ordering an everdrive (yay GBC/NES emulators!)

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
thanks, I've tested the rom files with an emulator. still no luck sadly (although the error message has changed). have ordered a different SD card to try, fingers crossed for this time!

considering just waiting until i have money and ordering an everdrive (yay GBC/NES emulators!)
h2testw https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539
to know if your sd card (or other storage) is working normal or corrupting stuff

trianglewalks91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
try what above user said
try to flash again the firmware this time with the official 2.1 http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/ez4_20170615.zip temporarly to see if it solves the problem
try to get back to 1.75 or even 1.74 (sometimes going to an older version and upgrade again, seems to fix some problems some users got) note that you need a SD NOT HC card (like 1-2 gb) for stuff bellow 1.75
for reference, what card you got?

thanks, i'll hunt out an old smaller card and try it with the original firmware. I'm currently using a SanDisk 32gb microSDHC memory card

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Last edited by migles,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
everdrive GBA uses goomba for nes\gbc emulation, you can also use goomba in any flashcart http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php
the only thing everdrive has different is the hability to launch the gbc roms directly
Well, the Everdrive has a few more advantages over the EZFlash IV. Fast loading of roms (1-2 seconds per game), Real Time Clock, Low Power consumption, solid build quality (The EZFlash IV can sometimes feel flimsy). Overall I don't fell like the premium price is justified, though.

thanks, i'll hunt out an old smaller card and try it with the original firmware. I'm currently using a SanDisk 32gb microSDHC memory card
Try formating first. Also, try the ROM in an emulator.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well, the Everdrive has a few more advantages over the EZFlash IV. Fast loading of roms (1-2 seconds per game), Real Time Clock, Low Power consumption, solid build quality (The EZFlash IV can sometimes feel flimsy). Overall I don't fell like the premium price is justified, though.
i know, but from what he said, i felt he thought only the everdrive had the gbc\nes emulators

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know where I can get a good skin for the EZ? Something that changes the "Item Describe" and looks nice? I'm on the latest kernel 2.01

TheRedChord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much read through this thread...am I the only one with this problem? I have the microsdhc cart and running v2.010. Drag and drop works great and I can run nearly any game I put on but I can't save. I've tried running the client on my pc but it's unstable af and I've only got it to run once or twice. Any suggestions?

SSEpochX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much read through this thread...am I the only one with this problem? I have the microsdhc cart and running v2.010. Drag and drop works great and I can run nearly any game I put on but I can't save. I've tried running the client on my pc but it's unstable af and I've only got it to run once or twice. Any suggestions?

Did saving work before you updated? The battery might be dead in the cart. You could try a soft reset and see if it saves.

If you know the battery is still good, then try to run the client app on windows 7 or windows 10 in compatibility mode. Also run it as admistrator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: