EZ-Flash 4 problems

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Slim2007, Sep 1, 2011.

Sep 1, 2011

EZ-Flash 4 problems by Slim2007 at 8:10 AM (1,233 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Slim2007
    OP

Newcomer Slim2007 Newbie

United States
    Whenever I try to start it up I just get a black screen.
    At first I thought had downloaded the wrong version of the cart's software, but even after deleting the directory I got the same blank screen. Is there any way to fix this? I couldn't find a miniSD literally anywhere on the internet so I'm using a 4gb microSD-hc with a miniSD adapter. Is the Adapter what's causing the problem?

Also if it matters, I'm trying to use cart to play gba games. I tested it out on a GBA sp and a DS lite (same results).

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The most obivious of your problems is that the EZ-Flash IV IS NOT A SDHC capable flashcart. Maximum size miniSD is a 2GB.

Come back with a 2GB microSD first then you can get the other part of your answer.

3. Slim2007
    OP

Newcomer Slim2007 Newbie

United States
    Okay, just got a 2gb microSD (non-hc) from Walmart. It works now, though I kind of feel dumb for not coming to the simple solution earlier.
    Thanks.

4. regnad

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    I think you will come to regret using the micro SD and adapter instead of a mini SD.

Mini SDs are a royal pain to locate, but using the adapter means it's just a matter of time before you get corrupted saves or other problems.

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Some people have been able to use a microSD adapter without problems, but they're a tiny minority so that's why we say to not use microSD adapters.