Hacking EZ Flash 3 in 1 GBA save trouble

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, I've been trying to figure out how to use this thing.
Is there a tutorial on how to use it?

Whenever I save ingame and decide to stop playing, I would turn off my DS, go back to GBAExploader and then save that new SRAM (or whatever its called).
However... some for Megaman & Bass, it won't allow me to save even though I saved over the old save file and checked the file on my computer to see if it exist.

So anyways, my main objective is to find a tutorial on how to use this. If one doesn't exist, do you mind sparing a couple of minutes explaining to me how it works? Thanks.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There are so many variables involved in this, so considering what information you have provided, I'll try to address a couple of possible solutions.

1. First, make sure your ROM is clean. Check the CRC (EEA68C2E for North America, 01B4D95E for Europe). If you don't know how to find this, try GBA Tool Advance v.0.7. Either way, there seems to be no notable mention of any issues with this game that I can find.

2. Make certain you are setting GBAExpLoader up properly. I don't believe this is a direct issue with your 3-in-1 hardware. Take a look at this wiki entry for a how-to guide.

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I think I know what the problem is now.

I need untrimmed roms...
Everything is working well including the Beta GBA Support from Cyclods

EDIT: Damn it all.

OK, so now I got M&B to work but Mario&Luigi SSS doesnt work...
Are there some games that the GBAExploader 0.57 just unable to emulate completely?
Right now it seems that maybe GBAEx0.57 isn't very compatible with games with 16MB or higher (Mother3 save doesnt work either)

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, GBAExploader 0.57 is giving more trouble that it's worth

Is there a list of games that don't save properly on this thing? I mean, I haven't gotten M&L:SSS, Minish Cap or Mother 3 to save properly...

There is another thing bothering me. There were times when I boot up GBAExploader from the CycloDS and then it doesn't even list the GBA games or any folders. The only way for me to remedy that was to boot up a GBA from the CycloDS, shut it off, then boot up GBAExploader again. Could this be one reason why I can't save properly for some games?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMP

Do games 16mb and up all have problems with saving? Minish Cap, M&L:SSS, and Mother 3 have all given me problems... So sad.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you have a CycloDS?! Update to v1.5 beta 4, as GBA Support is out of beta. One game doesn't save properly and will be fixed in the next update. It's Kingdom Hearts for the record. Just use the CycloDS GUI to run GBA games. You'll have to send games sized at 32MB over to the 3-in-1 via NOR (it will prompt you). See if that clears up your problems. If it doesn't and both CycloDS GUI and GBA ExpLoader fail...then it's not good.

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using both CycloDS and GBAExploader to load those games and they were unable to save properly.

From what I've been reading, the reason why some games fail to save is because of their save file type, EEPROM. So do I use GBATA to patch it? I've done it already so I'm going to check it out...
Does having a save file of, say... Flash also need to be SRAM patched?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've patched a lot of games already...

EEPROM
M&L: SSS (E)
Minish Cap (U)
Donkey Kong Country (E)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (E)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (U)
Megaman & Bass (U)
Yoshi's Island

Flash
Golden Sun (UE)
Mother 3 (J)

I haven't tested all of them yet...

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What I meant was list each game that is not saving/operating properly. That way, others can see this and comment on their experiences and perhaps provide a solution that neither of us are aware of.

Ohji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try patching them with GBATA's SRAM patcher.

I know Mario and Luigi didn't save until I patched it, nor did Minish Cap.

I patch all my games just in case now, so I don't have to worry about it later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la