Hacking extractpartition help. Do I have it setup right?

Outsider506

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I searched and I can't find any clear explanation on how exactly this should be set up. I'm using Windows XP and have the following in a folder called "Partition":

test.iso
extractpartition.exe
extractpartition.bat
libeay32.dll
MakeKey.Bin.exe
root-key
key.bin

(the key.bin was created using the MakeKey.bin.exe, I also tried by copying the key.bin from my working Trucha Signer folder)

When I drag the test.iso into extractpartition.bat I get a message saying "common-key not found".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jfitie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to find it yourself.
We cannot help you.

Hint: google
wink.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ok, so the common-key and key.bin are two entirely different things then?
same thing, just renamed

QUOTE said:
QUOTEYes
i could swer its the same thing, people just say common key or key.bin etc

jfitie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
same thing, just renamed

QUOTE said:
QUOTEYes
i could swer its the same thing, people just say common key or key.bin etc

He created it by using MakeKey, so it's can be used as root-key, not a common-key

Outsider506

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, did some quick testing. I DLed Wii ISO Patcher GUI and that seems to work, except with the ISO that I'm trying (Guitar Hero World Tour) tested it with different ISO and it worked great. I read on here somewhere that people got GHWT to work using extractpartition the way I originally tried. So I copied the "common-key" from Wii ISO Patcher GUI that seemed to work fine and put it in that folder, but still getting the same error message. (common-key not found)

Not going to ask "where to find it", but would just like to know if it's the same key you need to use with Trucha Signer, because I have that up and running just fine. Also the "common-key" that is in the GUI folder has no file extension, should it be .bin or as is?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outsider506 said:
Ok, did some quick testing. I DLed Wii ISO Patcher GUI and that seems to work, except with the ISO that I'm trying (Guitar Hero World Tour). I read on here somewhere that people got GHWT to work using extractpartition the way I originally tried. So I copied the "common-key" from Wii ISO Patcher GUI that seemed to work fine and put it in that folder, but still getting the same error message.

Not going to ask "where to find it", but would just like to know if it's the same key you need to use with Trucha Signer, because I have that up and running just fine. Also the "common-key" that is in the GUI folder has no file extension, should it be .bin or as is?
it shouldn't have a file extension(mine doesn't at least)... what's the size of the "key.bin"? it should be 16kb

Outsider506

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BL4Z3D247 said:
Outsider506 said:
Ok, did some quick testing. I DLed Wii ISO Patcher GUI and that seems to work, except with the ISO that I'm trying (Guitar Hero World Tour). I read on here somewhere that people got GHWT to work using extractpartition the way I originally tried. So I copied the "common-key" from Wii ISO Patcher GUI that seemed to work fine and put it in that folder, but still getting the same error message.

it shouldn't have a file extension(mine doesn't at least)... what's the size of the "key.bin"? it should be 16kb

Do you mean 16 bytes? It's 16 bytes and I can confirm that it's the same key that I use for Trucha Signer. I opened both with a Hex Editor to see and their the same except that in my Trucha folder the file is called "key.bin" and in my partition folder the file is called "common-key" with no file extension. So now this is what I have in the root of the folder:

ghwt.iso
extractpartition.bat
extractpartition.exe
libeay32.dll
MakeKeyBin.exe (didn't use it this time)
root-key (no file extension)
common-key (no file extension)

And still getting "common-key not found". Is everything supposed to be in the same folder?

jfitie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Outsider506 said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Outsider506 said:

Do you mean 16 bytes? It's 16 bytes and I can confirm that it's the same key that I use for Trucha Signer. I opened both with a Hex Editor to see and their the same except that in my Trucha folder the file is called "key.bin" and in my partition folder the file is called "common-key" with no file extension. So now this is what I have in the root of the folder:

ghwt.iso
extractpartition.bat
extractpartition.exe
libeay32.dll

And still getting "common-key not found". Is everything supposed to be in the same folder?

open a dos box, cd to the right directory and run:
extractpartition.exe ghwt.iso ghwt-extracted.iso

That should work

Outsider506

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jfitie said:
Outsider506 said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Outsider506 said:

ghwt.iso
extractpartition.bat
extractpartition.exe
libeay32.dll

open a dos box, cd to the right directory and run:
extractpartition.exe ghwt.iso ghwt-extracted.iso

That should work

I tried that and got a bunch of stuff with "Decrypting partition..." and numbers just flying by, so I think this is going to work. Thanks to everyone for the help and patience! I'll post back after it's all done with my results.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outsider506 said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Outsider506 said:

ghwt.iso
extractpartition.bat
extractpartition.exe
libeay32.dll

yeah, i'm sorry i meant bytes
smile.gif

yeah, usually everything goes in the folder

EDIT: looks like jfitie got you squared away... good stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy