ROM Hack extract sprites from all gba rom?

HackSponge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
with which program i can extract the sprites of all rom?
(apart TLP or Tile Molester)
unsure.gif

smile.gif

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
AFAIK there aren't any tools that can extract sprites from all roms, since there are different ways of encrypting the sprites, which would all have to be implemented.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
There actually is a tool for this that does sprites that are LZ compressed, but I can't recall it's name. For uncompressed sprites, TLP / Tile Layer Pro will have to do. In either case you are going to have to find the palette yourself. You can use VBA's tile viewer or sprite viewer or palette viewer if you know where in the game the graphics are used.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you only want to rip them can I suggest an emulator instead, even vanilla VBA has a decent tile, map and BG viewer inbuilt. Saves you scrambling to find the palette as well (you will still probably have to scan through the in memory palettes mind but that is a 16 choice slider rather than the entire rom plus encoding methods and worse dynamic palettes (rapid changes of colour- Mr Driller multi blocks being a good example are often done by this). If you want to up the ante here most GBA roms bundle like data together so with a little bit of work you can usually track down later stuff if you have the location of early sprites.

There have been a couple of compression tools that can do scan roms for graphics but I reckon the one Heran Bago is thinking of is unLZ-GBA:
http://www.romhacking.net/utils/362/

It is pretty good but I reckon crystaltile2 takes it these days for BIOS compatible compression searches and if you can forgo graphics there are others now as well (romhacking.net has most of them).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...