ROM Hack GBA extract sprites from all gba rom?

HackSponge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
with which program i can extract the sprites of all rom?
(apart TLP or Tile Molester)
unsure.gif

smile.gif

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
AFAIK there aren't any tools that can extract sprites from all roms, since there are different ways of encrypting the sprites, which would all have to be implemented.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
There actually is a tool for this that does sprites that are LZ compressed, but I can't recall it's name. For uncompressed sprites, TLP / Tile Layer Pro will have to do. In either case you are going to have to find the palette yourself. You can use VBA's tile viewer or sprite viewer or palette viewer if you know where in the game the graphics are used.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you only want to rip them can I suggest an emulator instead, even vanilla VBA has a decent tile, map and BG viewer inbuilt. Saves you scrambling to find the palette as well (you will still probably have to scan through the in memory palettes mind but that is a 16 choice slider rather than the entire rom plus encoding methods and worse dynamic palettes (rapid changes of colour- Mr Driller multi blocks being a good example are often done by this). If you want to up the ante here most GBA roms bundle like data together so with a little bit of work you can usually track down later stuff if you have the location of early sprites.

There have been a couple of compression tools that can do scan roms for graphics but I reckon the one Heran Bago is thinking of is unLZ-GBA:
http://www.romhacking.net/utils/362/

It is pretty good but I reckon crystaltile2 takes it these days for BIOS compatible compression searches and if you can forgo graphics there are others now as well (romhacking.net has most of them).

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Start is "ENTER"
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    B is "Z"
    A is "X"
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Thanks for the props @Costello
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I think theirs a section in the forum for gba home few games could share it their
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Homebrew*
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Oh looks like you have already
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Yup! Now that I think about - I'm n
    ot sure if it's in the right section tho...?
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Eh they'll just tell you or move it no biggie
    +1
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    @CPG SO true
  • Costello @ Costello:
    @kenenthk : there are no longer blue mods. They're all global mods now :)
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Can't always know where to park
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    @ Costello thinking of adding a new generation I noticed most are green
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    Well-executed concept in your game, @KimKong . Music's pretty great too!
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    @Xzi Thanks for the feedback! I'm planing to make alot more music for each of the levels, so it don't get so repetitive! And working on some graphical upgrade ideas!
    +1
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Do you use 8bit equipment for the music and FL studio
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    I did notice one particularly bad bit of text formatting (and minor typo): in the UFO fight, when trying to shoot at the bottom, it says "Looks like the UFO have some kinda shield" - "has" is better. Also, the very next text box has "L et's try shooting the top instead!" with a line break in the word "Let's".
    +1
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Oh, and I have no idea how to get past this gap - it's too close to the roof. https://imgur.com/A2mYGPy
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    @kenenthk I used OpenMPT to make all the music. My brother will be helping out with some more tunes in the future!
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    @RichardTheKing Thank you so much for pointing out that dialog bug!! I never noticed it while finishing up these new boss fights..

And that gap on that level should be close enough to jump if you run? I might have to lower that platform a bit maybe?
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Thanks so much for the feedback!! You are awesome!!
  • DrunkenMonk @ DrunkenMonk:
    RIP GBA section 2021 :cry:
  • Darth Meteos @ Darth Meteos:
    Has the GBA section been removed? :O
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Wait WHAT???
  • Undwiz @ Undwiz:
    I'll be banned after this My Wife passed away 3 months ago , We have 3 kids. Living in a Motel right now . I make enough for a place but need a deposit.... Please help share the word. paypal.me/jdcass82 Sorry , I'll take the Ban if need be , just trying to get a home and out this Motel ... Need to get My Kids out of this place.
    Undwiz @ Undwiz: I'll be banned after this My Wife passed away 3 months ago , We have 3 kids. Living in a Motel...