Extract saves from a corrupt emunand in pc

Yzard93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yesterday when I was installing a backup, got an Atmosphere error and reboot, and now I have the emunand corrupted.

My only concern is the saves from all my games, so I backup all SD on pc, with the Emummc folder (my emunand is file based, not partitioned).

I formated my SD for testing if everthing was correct and yes, so its not the problem.

I'm searching a way to extract the saves but I cant find anything.

Yzard93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@randy_w @binkinator But I cant mount my emunand on NXNandManager. My emunand is file based, so the estructure is in emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered and in that folder a lots of folders between 00000000, 0000000A... 00000099.

All 90GB content of my emunand in 233 folders.

I try to converting the emummc with Emutool, but the resulting file is from my sysnand, not my emunand.

I don't know how to access to my saves from all of this folders.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@randy_w @binkinator But I cant mount my emunand on NXNandManager. My emunand is file based, so the estructure is in emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered and in that folder a lots of folders between 00000000, 0000000A... 00000099.

I try to converting the emummc with Emutool, but the resulting file is from my sysnand, not my emunand.

I don't know how to access to my saves from all of this folders.

In NXNandManager, go to Files, and instead of clicking disk, pick files. Then select your SDCard as the target. It should find your files based emunand on your SDCard.

Last edited by binkinator,

Yzard93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In NXNandManager, go to Files, and instead of clicking disk, pick files. Then select your SDCard as the target. It should find your files based emunand on your SDCard.
But wich file shoud I select? I try with some of the files inside emummc folder but everithing give me error: "Input file/drive is not a valid NX storage.

And if I choose open file, the app force me to select one especific file.

I already have the keys saved in NXNandManager.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emunand is file based, so the estructure is in emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered and in that folder a lots of folders between 00000000, 0000000A... 00000099.

Wait that's not where file based emunand is stored. That's your installed games on sd card, as it's in the nintendo folder. I tried file based emunand a long time ago for troubleshooting purpose, can't really remember but it's definitely not in emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo folder. Try take a look at other folders in emuMMC directory.

Yzard93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@randy_w @binkinator thats weird, I don't have boot files and everything inside emummc folder is almost empty except the Nintendo/Contents/registered with 90GB size.

In emummc folder I have a RAW1 folder and a emummc.ini with this:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0xb537800
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

Edit: Inside RAW1 folder theres a Nintendo folder and a raw_based file with only 1KB size.

Yzard93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Then you have a partition based emunand. Check your sd card partitions in hekate if you are not sure.

In that case just follow @binkinator 's guide above. You can make a backup of your existing emunand in hekate
So I have a partition based emunand... without partition xd.
I dont have any partition because the emummc folder is 90Gb size and there is 30gb free espace en mi SD wich I used for backup sysnand a couple days ago for testing (my sd is 128gb). Also I have formated the sd, partitioned and unpartitioned trying to put emummc files with emutool with no success.

I think my emunand is no longer exist, I just only have the content files...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a partition based emunand... without partition xd.
I dont have any partition because the emummc folder is 90Gb size and there is 30gb free espace en mi SD wich I used for backup sysnand a couple days ago for testing (my sd is 128gb). Also I have formated the sd, partitioned and unpartitioned trying to put emummc files with emutool with no success.

I think my emunand is no longer exist, I just only have the content files...
After formatting, there’s very little that can be done that isn’t expensive. You can attempt some recovery tools but the chances are extremely slim. Very sorry for your loss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro