1. Pienkaito

OP Pienkaito Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    I've lost my source images that I made for my custom switch theme, but I still have my modified szs files.
    Is it possible to reverse the injection done by SwitchThemeInjector and retrieve the images?

2. crazy_p

crazy_p GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    You need SwitchThemesInjector and BNTX_Injector.
    Open your commons.szs File with SwitchThemeInjector and export it as _Combined.bntx.
    Open your _Combined.bntx File with BNTX_Injector.
    Scroll down till you find White1x1 180^r and press Export as. Save your Background as xyz.dds.

Last edited by crazy_p, Sep 2, 2019
  3. JonJaded

JonJaded GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Probably a question that could be answered in the Qcean discord server. The people there would know. Here's the invite.

4. Pienkaito

OP Pienkaito Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    Thanks a lot, that absolutely did the trick. Depending on the menu, you will have to check the other images inside the bntx extract.
    The preview in BNTX_Injector is really handy.

crazy_p likes this.
  5. GRAnimated

GRAnimated Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, here's a heads up for the future. Switch Toolbox is an open source program that supports editing almost every format in 1st party games like Super Mario Odyssey. The same formats are used elsewhere, like in the OS. I recommend it for BNTX editing as you can export and replace as png instead of dds. Of course, all you wanted was to grab the photo, but this makes it simple. For the future, just open your szs inside it, go into the blyt folder, double click the bntx, and extract the image.

Pienkaito and crazy_p like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - backgrounds, injected, Extract