Homebrew Question Extract injected backgrounds from szs file

Pienkaito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've lost my source images that I made for my custom switch theme, but I still have my modified szs files.
Is it possible to reverse the injection done by SwitchThemeInjector and retrieve the images?

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You need SwitchThemesInjector and BNTX_Injector.
Open your commons.szs File with SwitchThemeInjector and export it as _Combined.bntx.
Open your _Combined.bntx File with BNTX_Injector.
Scroll down till you find White1x1 180^r and press Export as. Save your Background as xyz.dds.

Last edited by crazy_p,

Pienkaito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You need SwitchThemesInjector and BNTX_Injector.
Open your commons.szs File with SwitchThemeInjector and export it as _Combined.bntx.
Open your _Combined.bntx File with BNTX_Injector.
Scroll down till you find White1x1 180^r and press Export as. Save your Background as xyz.dds.

Thanks a lot, that absolutely did the trick. Depending on the menu, you will have to check the other images inside the bntx extract.
The preview in BNTX_Injector is really handy.

Reactions: crazy_p

GRAnimated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, here's a heads up for the future. Switch Toolbox is an open source program that supports editing almost every format in 1st party games like Super Mario Odyssey. The same formats are used elsewhere, like in the OS. I recommend it for BNTX editing as you can export and replace as png instead of dds. Of course, all you wanted was to grab the photo, but this makes it simple. For the future, just open your szs inside it, go into the blyt folder, double click the bntx, and extract the image.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1