Hacking External Hardrive with Wii U USB Helper Games and Retro Roms

Chocas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all. First of all thanks for anyone´s attention. Im new to Wii U hacking and Im trying to place on the same external hardrive my wii u games and store some retro games aswell like nes snes megadrive. Is this possible? I really cant have a second usb external drive at this time. thanks all

D

Deleted User

Hi all. First of all thanks for anyone´s attention. Im new to Wii U hacking and Im trying to place on the same external hardrive my wii u games and store some retro games aswell like nes snes megadrive. Is this possible? I really cant have a second usb external drive at this time. thanks all

What do you mean "same external harddrive"? Do you mean the internal one (32GB)? Or you have an external hard drive you want to connect to the Wii U?

In both cases, it is possible to install your games on them.

Edit: Ah NVM, you meant install retro and games on same hard drive. Yes you can, you need to use an injector: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-uwuvci-injectiine.486781/

It makes the Wii U think of those games as if they are Wii U or Virtual Console games.

Last edited by ,

Chocas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have some Wii u Games installed on my USB external hardrive and now i want to add some files like retro games and stuff. Does this injector has some kind of tutorial somewhow? Cheers

D

Deleted User

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have some Wii u Games installed on my USB external hardrive and now i want to add some files like retro games and stuff. Does this injector has some kind of tutorial somewhow? Cheers

I don't think there is an official tutorial, but you may ask in their Discord channel, there are many people that can help you there.

If you don't want to use an injector, you can install RetroArch (RPX version). If you install the RPX version, you need a CFW to be running while using the Wupinstaller, else it wont be able to install a non-signed application.

If you don't have Haxchi, use Mocha, it is easier and safer to use, but it is not permanent, you need to launch it each time you want to play a non-signed game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the injector is pretty self-explanatory, though I haven't used it in a long time. I made two games: dkc returns and nsmb wii. it might ask for different banners, boot logos, or the sound (i.e. what it would show on the wii or a normal inject).

Chocas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i forgot to tell im sorry. I do have cfw Mocha running my wii u games on usb and retroarch asweel. I was wondering if i can add to my usb some nes roms collection altough i would love to install some iso wii and gamecube games that are not available in the Wii u usb helper. What about outside region roms? Can these being installed too? thanks for the information guys i really aprecciate it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure about mocha, but haxchi is region free. you can even enable it with the sys_prod.xml. just don't delete the user associated with it or the wii u and wii channels will disappear. I just left mine as is, since I made it region free and now have no need for it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, region free is 119. keep a backup of the original if you do region hax, 'cause if you don't and want to revert back, you could brick without the write number.

edit: I forgot about this, but there's also a homebrew for region free called spiik.

Last edited by godreborn,

Chocas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im going to look into spiik it seems that it can be runned on Mocha. Altough im sorry but im struggling to understand how can use my usb external device with Wiiu games on to connect it to PC to addin some nes or snes files. Can it be done on the same device?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injects can be. if you plug the hdd into a pc, it will try to initialize it. I think this can be fixed, but it's a pita. do not plug the drive into your computer. if it initializes, so long to games and saves. the wii u will try to reformat it.

Chocas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. So its a no for adding files to my USB device that contains wii u games. Thanks a lot im going to look tinto injections and see if i can do it and use spiik to other region games that i download from wii u usb helper. Cheers

D

Deleted User

Mocha is also region free, mocha can do everything Haxchi can do except that it is not permanent.

You can install Wii and Gamecube, but those need injection too.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might want to use nintendont as a forwarder. you can play your gc games with it. I think it contains some nintendo code, so you'll have to search for it. also, you can only have 300 tiles on the wii u, so using it for lots of injects may not be the best thing to do.

Chocas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im going to install some of my favorite games of different roms. Is it possible to somehow inject ps1 games and other console games?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone correct me if I"m wrong but I don't believe NES can be injected, and no PS1 cannot be injected.

With only like one exception I think it's all Nintendo games that can be injected except NES.

I think you can inject an NES emulator that plays all roms but not individual roms.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. I've only injected wii games. the injections are probably using those systems' vc as a base, so it might not be able to do anything beyond nintendo systems.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK the best you can do on PS1, NES and Genesis is inject emulators that can play any rom as long as it's compatible with the emulator, but not inject individual roms on any of them.

Chocas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone knows how Wii u usb helper works with injecting Gamecube isos? I managed to provide the iso for injection, prepared the sd option and installed it with wup installer. Unfortunatly they crash after opening it giving a black screen. Can anyone share some lights? Thanks

Chocas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice thanks mate. Will this tecnomoon injection games work with wii u controller or wii u pro controller?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1