dodgybarnet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dodgybarnet.com
XP
Country
Either my internal battery is getting old, or I'm using my DSLite more, but the battery isn't lasting as long as it used to. So, a way of charging on the go is a good idea, but there's a lack of any real external battery options available.

I know you can buy a second battery, and just unscrew the back and replace, but that means not only stopping the game you're playing, but also mucking about with screwdrivers - something I'm not keen on (dust and muck getting in there, and contacts getting worn down).

I know you can get AAA emergency chargers like HERE, but then you'll spend a fortune in AAA batteries instead.

What I really want is this External battery which is a real external charger, but I cant find any online shops selling it. What with Lik-Sang dead too that limits options. Anyone seen it around?

Does anyone think it's possible to get a spare DSLite battery and hack connect it to your DSLite charger cable (like this similar hack - This would be a fair solution, but I wonder if it would work:

Get a BATTERY CHARGER + BATTERY, this has a cable that at one end is a DS connector, and the other is USB.

Then cut the DS-USB cable in half and splice on another DS style head from a spare DS-USB cable.

So, you'd have [BATTERY CHARGER + BATTERY] [DS lite]

Total cost about $15 + shipping.

Possible?

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think its possible.
Assuming you live in the US... The votage coming out of the wall is 120 AC which goes down to 5.2 v DC via the ds charger thingy. But connecting the battery to a ds lite charging cable would only give you 3.7 v, too little to give it a charge. However, you could get a battery holder that holds 4 x AA (6 v) and put a 1.78 Ohm resistor on it..
dsschematidcs.jpg

(yes, im bored- this seemed fun)

In theory, it should work.

PS. I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR DS LITE GETS SCREWED UP BY USING MY PLANS!!!

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell if this is exactly it, but I bought something like this http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b5-49-en-70-1kxm.html from play-asia for my original DS. Honestly, I used it once on a long day of travelling, and never again, but if thats the same thing I have, it should be good. (Its really hard to tell if it is, they don't describe battery specs on the page anymore). Also, for the record, the one I have uses a Sony AC adapter to charge the external battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg