Suggestion Exclude World News and Politics from the "All" Tab in Front-Page "Recent Content" Feed

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is primarily a gaming site filled with gaming discussion. While there is a politics-specific forum, I don't believe it should be included in the "All" category of the "Recent Content" feed.

Many users wish to keep their political ideas separate from their hobbies, and others wish to ignore politics altogether. Also, gaming provides a means of escapism for many from the stressors of real life and politics, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to be reminded of current affairs.

Lastly, there are often explicit or troubling topics that may offend or cause discomfort to users, and their inclusion in the front-page "All" tab is in display to all users (many of whom are children).

Last edited by IncredulousP, , Reason: minor word correction

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like Chary's suggestion as well. I'm glad we found an acceptable solution to this problem.

Seeing those politics news wasn't the end of the world for me, but it was a bit of an annoyance at times. If the tempbot informs you about the option to hide them future users will be able to avoid that. That sounds good to me.:)

Last edited by Reynardine,

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I no longer saw my original post after refreshing, so I thought all three were gone and posted it again.
To any mod who sees this. I'm really sorry for causing this mess. I panicked and only made it worse.

I'm done for. I guess I should go to sleep now...:blush:

Last edited by Reynardine,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I personally just skip over the threads, occasionally reading, even replying if I feel like doing so.
It's not that hard, really.

I'll be honest and say that I quite dislike that section, but there's always something worth reading, either to my amusement or to make me learn new things.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by that?

Going by what you quoted in bold (from my response to clyde)--in general, I've seen some s h i t t y decisions made. Mostly, it's "mods" being assholes and abusing "power".

There won't be any "reasonable moderation", it'll be assholes who have a grudge, set view, or hungry for authority on issues and they'll act like a baby with a hissy fit.

Don't get me wrong, there are decent "new" mods and they do a good job, but I can think of one who is complete ass....it's not you. Also glad that some mods know when they made a mistake, disclose necessary information, rectify the action, and learn for the future.

Reactions: ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)