EverSD launches PlutoniumPatcherVS tool that converts original Evercade VS firmware into Evercade VS Atomic Edition firmware

evercade limited ed.jpg

Earlier this year, Evercade launched a limited edition version of their home console, the Evercade VS Atomic Edition. Limited to 2000 units, this model features a custom, 80s/90s action movies-inspired hardware design. On the software side, the Evercade VS Atomic Edition comes bundled with Duke Nukem Collections 1 & 2 (a total of six games) and also features an exclusive Atomic Edition Evercade VS theme.

Now what if you also want this theme on your regular Evercade VS or would rather the regular theme on your Atomic Edition console? The EverSD team has the tool for you. Today, they launched PlutoniumPatcherVS which allows you to turn your regular Evercade VS into Evercade Atomic VS Edition (and vice versa).

PlutoniumPatcherVS.png

Unlike EverSD's other tools, PlutoniumPatcherVS is meant only for users who do not have EverSD and using original Evercade firmware without EverPatcherVS. The minimum required official firmware for this patch is 3.0.9. More details and downloads can be found via the source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I guarantee you Blaze Entertainment is going to pull a Nintendo and pull some "stability" fixes out of their ass

Edit: I see this is only for thr original Evercade firmware...so they won't lose sleep over this

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: ixo

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i mean it looks cool but why would you want this and how the fuck is it sold out when it costs (converted) over $200?! people really do have more money than sense :lol:
it was a limited edition. The regular edition is still being sold obviously. Now you can convert the regular Evercade VS into this Atomic VS Edition

Edit: The price was €140 (about $150) and it also came bundled with 2 Duke Nukem cartridges, worth $40.

Scalpers are asking the highscore for it.
Now, with this tool, you wouldn't need to buy one anymore, unless you care about the outer looks

Last edited by HtheB,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Kolina2901

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Random question but are Evercade carts dumpable at all? Checked with No-Intros forum which seemed to have some progress but didn't find much beyond that.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: assassinz

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this ends the scalping of "Atomic" consoles on ebay and similar sites. It's quite ridiculous what people have been asking for old tech just because of a theme, audio recording and a paint job on what amounts to a $90 device that comes with two widely available $20 cartridges...
Post automatically merged:

Random question but are Evercade carts dumpable at all? Checked with No-Intros forum which seemed to have some progress but didn't find much beyond that.
I know the No-Intro team has what they need now to offer DATs for the Evercade. I think it's just taking them a while to decide how exactly to do it and what files on each cart to bother tracking hashes for since, as mentioned, an Evercade card is a SD card in a GBA form factor. Most games are roms, some are native linux apps, and there's a bunch of other junk on there to help the Evercade know what to do with all of the games in their various formats as well as the "extra fluff" to make it look presentable in their UI.

Last edited by esmith13,

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gbatemp covers so much of what I would consider as "e-waste," and as cool as much of it is, the price is always such a major deterrent.

When our phones can now run console quality games, extremely hard to justify tech like this. The economics of nostalgia.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gbatemp covers so much of what I would consider as "e-waste," and as cool as much of it is, the price is always such a major deterrent.

When our phones can now run console quality games, extremely hard to justify tech like this. The economics of nostalgia.
e-waste? So let's call the Switch an e-waste as well, since I can run it on my phone.....

I rather play on a console than on a phone.
The price is pretty cheap for what it is. (And I'm not talking about those scalper prices.)

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
e-waste? So let's call the Switch an e-waste as well, since I can run it on my phone.....

I rather play on a console than on a phone.
The price is pretty cheap for what it is. (And I'm not talking about those scalper prices.)
The Switch runs on an ARM Cortex A57 with four cores, we can say the same for the Galaxy S6 which was released in 2015 - just two years before the Switch was even announced, which uses an ARM Cortex A57 core too. I'd say that the hardware is way ahead of its time, you could perhaps mod them to run retro emulators, as they seem to do it quite well.

I don't think we need more Evercade e-waste that uses pre-existing hardware, selling for quite a high price. The RockChip is a fairly cheap processor used in low-end Android TV boxes.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think we need more Evercade e-waste that uses pre-existing hardware, selling for quite a high price. The RockChip is a fairly cheap processor used in low-end Android TV boxes.
pre-existing hardware? So let's not make cars anymore since the hardware existed 40 years ago. It doesn't make sense.
Evercade is giving people the opportunity to sell licensed "cartridges".
95% of people who uses emulators on different machines know that they actually do not have rights to do that (pirated roms). (And I do not talk about the ones that are in the eshop).
The Evercade is being sold for $129 with 2 controllers and 2 "cartridges" with 18 games in total. See Amazon:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Blaze-Evercade-Premium-Pack-Vol-White/dp/B094F5ZGX8/
Is that what you call expensive?
You know what's expensive? Selling the Switch for the highscore prices

• Haha

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pre-existing hardware? So let's not make cars anymore since the hardware existed 40 years ago. It doesn't make sense.
Evercade is giving people the opportunity to sell licensed "cartridges".
95% of people who uses emulators on different machines know that they actually do not have rights to do that (pirated roms). (And I do not talk about the ones that are in the eshop).
The Evercade is being sold for $129 with 2 controllers and 2 "cartridges" with 18 games in total. See Amazon:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Blaze-Evercade-Premium-Pack-Vol-White/dp/B094F5ZGX8/
Is that what you call expensive?
You know what's expensive? Selling the Switch for the highscore prices
Evercade is not a company; rather, its a line of consoles by the company, Blaze. They created cheat devices way back when the PlayStation was still popular in Europe. These cartridges don't use some type of NAND like Switch cartridges, but instead, they use SD cards soldered to a PCB the same size as a GBA cartridge. So what you're paying for, is more-so the licensing fees for the companies who created the games, hence why they cost 15 bucks instead of 5 for a 8GB microSD card. The storage is pretty low too, around 512MB or 1GB depending on which game you bought.

So in conclusion, the Evercade isn't something for the novice user to have as an everyday emulation device much like the Miyoo, but instead for collectors to relive the classic experience. I hope you're enjoying a pile of cartridges that will become obsolete when the console gets discontinued in 5 or so years.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Evercade is not a company; rather, its a line of consoles by the company, Blaze. They created cheat devices way back when the PlayStation was still popular in Europe. These cartridges don't use some type of NAND like Switch cartridges, but instead, they use SD cards soldered to a PCB the same size as a GBA cartridge. So what you're paying for, is more-so the licensing fees for the companies who created the games, hence why they cost 15 bucks instead of 5 for a 8GB microSD card. The storage is pretty low too, around 512MB or 1GB depending on which game you bought.

So in conclusion, the Evercade isn't something for the novice user to have as an everyday emulation device much like the Miyoo, but instead for collectors to relive the classic experience. I hope you're enjoying a pile of cartridges that will become obsolete when the console gets discontinued in 5 or so years.
When I said "Evercade", I talk about the consoles yes. You do not need to teach me what it is and what not.
If you have noticed, I put the word cartridge in quotes before, because I know (like many other people out there) that these are sdcards in a chip form. And they come in 128MB and 512MB ;)

I do not understand why the cartridges will be obsolete if the console gets discontinued... It's not like the games will stop working once they do not have licenses to sell the games anymore... :huh:

Besides, thanks to the EverSD team, we can backup the "cartridges" very simple and restore them back if they ever get corrupted ;)

• Love

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya know, the Evercade deserves more love in general in my book, it's really cool what that device is doing. It is definitely a novelty, but it's one that a lot of gamers I think absolutely appreciate.

Reactions: HtheB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto