EverSD launches EverPatcherVS 3.0.0; includes new internal application EverSD X-TRA for Evercade VS

eversd x-tra.jpg

EverSD has launched a new firmware for their third-party Evercade cartridge. In particular, version 3.0.0 includes a new internal application called EverSD X-TRA with EverPatcherVS for the Evercade VS. The company is even dubbing the feature as the "Swiss army knife" for the Evercade VS and shared a trailer showcasing the application:

The full changelog for the new version can be found below:

• Added new internal application EverSD X-TRA!
  • Backup and Restore Retail Game Cartridges!
  • Backup and Restore Save files of Retail cartridges!
  • RGB LED control!
  • Cartridge RGB control! (Control your RGB depending on what cartridge you've inserted!)
  • Added ability to pick your own boot videos!
  • Added ability to pick your own background music!
  • Added ability to pick your own themes!
  • Hidden games menu!
  • Added ability to unlock all hidden games!
  • Added ROM Database updater!
  • Updated Retroarch to 1.15.0

:arrow: SOURCE

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whey even bother w/ an EverCade in the first place? It's a glorified so-called luxury retro emulation console that's God-awfully expensive for what it does and what you get when there are tons of other devices that can achieve the same outcome as an EverCade while doing a whole lot better and are much more convenient to use, and fairly inexpensive. The EverSD is a nice touch by offering additional QoL features restricted by the EverCade, but it really doesn't push the needle and it definitely doesn't motivate me to wanna buy an EverCade for myself 😅😆😂
S/N: I just spent over $600 on a 6950 XT graphic cards for myself this past week instead 😅😆😂
it ain't a console for you.
It's a collectors console for people who wants to buy games that comes with cartridges in boxes, with nice colorful manuals. And the EverSD is a nice addon to get more out of their devices that they already own.

Edit: you keep saying EverCade, but it's Evercade ;)

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a collectors console for people who wants to buy games that comes with cartridges in boxes, with nice colorful manuals. And the EverSD is a nice addon to get more out of their devices that they already own.

It's dead obvious it's not for me, but since you want to justify buying one as a financially wise decision then by all means be my guest...
S/N: No need to be a grammar nazi when my spelling incorporates the same exact letters 🙄😒... Sheesh 😬

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is like trying to convince an 🍎 sheep which you don't need spend 4k+ on a device when another device which cost 2k Do the same and lots and lots of more, but the only answer is: is an iwhatever so if you don't have. You aren't in the wave...

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would only hope so and if that is the case, where do I buy it :D
Not really, modchips are legal depending on the country's laws. But very much you won't get in trouble for buying any on AliExpress or eBay anyways. If you want to purchase the EverSD then its on their website, but I feel that the price is too high for a cartridge that is a straight up microSD converter adapter. Its possible to salvage an Evercade cartridge by desoldering its SD NAND flash and soldering on a 3.3V microSD breakout board.

The Evercade is already a dead console, this is more for collectors than anything. Just a simple Rockchip ARM-based device that can easily be modded with emulators and such. Frankly, the console isn't worth it despite prices for it are going much higher, you'd be better off getting a SteamDeck or a cheap emulation handheld device that doesn't require separate adapters.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not really, modchips are legal depending on the country's laws. But very much you won't get in trouble for buying any on AliExpress or eBay anyways. If you want to purchase the EverSD then its on their website, but I feel that the price is too high for a cartridge that is a straight up microSD converter adapter. Its possible to salvage an Evercade cartridge by desoldering its SD NAND flash and soldering on a 3.3V microSD breakout board.
You would be nowhere without the EverPatcher. It does not work without that.
So I think it's just more than an adapter that you're paying for.

They also provide all kinds of tools for the end users. Now they added EverSD X-TRA to their tools, so they can enjoy their cartridges for many more years, because the Evercade cartridges are notorious for corruption!

Their support is great!
I'm sure it's a whole package that it's all about.

The Evercade is already a dead console, this is more for collectors than anything. Just a simple Rockchip ARM-based device that can easily be modded with emulators and such. Frankly, the console isn't worth it despite prices for it are going much higher, you'd be better off getting a SteamDeck or a cheap emulation handheld device that doesn't require separate adapters.

Yes, Evercade is indeed for collectors. And the EverSD adds something on top of it, so it'll be more than just a collectors item.

Reactions: SylverReZ

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any US direct sellers? I'm thinking of picking up an evercade (of some type) and an everSD any help on the eversd would be good i only see an EU store direct from manufacturer

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
any US direct sellers? I'm thinking of picking up an evercade (of some type) and an everSD any help on the eversd would be good i only see an EU store direct from manufacturer

Found these on the US Amazon, you might have luck on eBay or other places like that. Funny how they called the top one a 'Dreamcast'.

Esperq

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Could someone tell me how long patching evercadeVS should take? I've been flying for half an hour and nothing has changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol