EverPatcher 5.0 update for EverSD launched; includes EverSD X-TRA support for the original Evercade handheld

EverSD X-TRA.png

The EverSD team has just launched EverPatcher 5.0.0, an update dedicated to the original Evercade handheld. Among its new additions, it brings the EverSD X-TRA feature to the handheld. EverSD X-TRA was launched earlier this year for the Evercade VS and is a feature that EverSD dubbed as the "Swiss army knife" for the system. Now, owners of the original Evercade handheld can enjoy this addition with an EverSD cartridge.

Some users might face compatibility issues with TV-out on the latest firmware but the EverSD team has introduced on-the-fly downgrading, allowing users to switch to an older firmware (swap between the patched official Firmware 2.0.2 or 3.0.0) in order to play on a larger display if they encounter issues.

Full official changelog of the new update can be found below:

• Added new internal application EverSD X-TRA!
  • Backup and Restore Save files of Retail cartridges.
  • Added ability to pick your own boot videos.
  • Added ability to pick your own background music.
  • Added ability to pick your own themes.
  • Added ROM Database updater.
  • Namco Cartridge Unpatcher.
  • Firmware Swap on the fly.
  • And many more features for you to find out!

:arrow: SOURCE

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully one day, someone might make a DIY Evercade flashcart that is fully open-source without the need for EverSD.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate this thing. The whole concept is dumb. You can't really get in trouble for copyright infringement, that's a myth that was started by the rcaa and lars ulrich. Copyright and trademark infringement cases almost never make it to court because at the root of it copyrights ate unconstitutional which is why even if a case were to make it to district trial you simply request it goes to the supreme court and you're clear. All in all this thing is dumb

• Angry
Reactions: SylverReZ and HtheB

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hopefully one day, someone might make a DIY Evercade flashcart that is fully open-source without the need for EverSD (aka the "Gateway" of Evercade).
You can make it yourself. However, people are really happy with EverSD because they are the only team who actually care about it, so they support them. The team is listening to their users.
They even help users who does not even own an EverSD, like unbricking their devices, as their patcher can unbrick it.
Gateway 3DS had a bricker code, EverSD does not.

Their EverLoader application is open source....

Do not judge teams without knowing why they can't open up everything

By the way lovely update! Thank you team EverSD!

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can make it yourself. However, people are really happy with EverSD because they are the only team who actually care about it, so they support them. The team is listening to their users.
They even help users who does not even own an EverSD, like unbricking their devices, as their patcher can unbrick it.
Gateway 3DS had a bricker code, EverSD does not.
I did not mean it to come off as that way, I mean that its the only flashcart ever in existence. It doesn't look impossible to replicate the way that EverSD created their cartridges, since all that is needed is to wire up an microSD adapter to a donor Evercade cart. The EverSD team have worked super hard on these updates, I thank them for keeping this system alive.

Reactions: HtheB

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did not mean it to come off as that way, I mean that its the only flashcart ever in existence. It doesn't look impossible to replicate the way that EverSD created their cartridges, since all that is needed is to wire up an microSD adapter to a donor Evercade cart. The EverSD team have worked super hard on these updates, I thank them for keeping this system alive.
So in other words, it's the whole package you pay for. Not just for the cartridge.
Thanks to EverSD, original cartridges and even systems will have a much longer lifespan

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So in other words, it's the whole package you pay for. Not just for the cartridge.
Thanks to EverSD, original cartridges and even systems will have a much longer lifespan
Exactly. Something above those lines.

Reactions: HtheB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed