Evasi0n 1.4, iOS 6.1.2 and You!

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Kouen Hasuki, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Kouen Hasuki
    OP

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    The new version of iOS has arrived and while it does not block Evasi0n from Jailbreaking your iDevice I have noticed it has a nasty side effect at least on my 2 iPhone’s.

Both times trying to upgrade to iOS 6.1.2 it has caused the iPhone to have to be restored to factory default. While this normally goes without saying I am putting this out there to drive it home for this update especially.

BACK UP YOUR APPS AND DATA!

Both my 3GS and 4 failed to update and had to be restored to factory default (3GS took 2 attempts to restore but could have been the cable I used) and I had to restore my data from there.

Once that is done however Jailbreaking it again is all fine and same procedure as always!

-Kouen

Mirrored from my website blog here
    Also while I know iTunes does a basic backup not all have a copy of there apps on there pc to restore from and redownloading em for some could be a pain

2. Latiken

Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

Jul 7, 2011
    United States
    Tennessee
    Is it normal for my iPhone 4 iOS 6.1 once jailbroken to not be recognizable by iTunes? It did not do this before.

3. Kouen Hasuki
    OP

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Tried rebooting your phone and computer?

4. Latiken

Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

Jul 7, 2011
    United States
    Tennessee
    I already solved it, just wanted to know cause and if its normal. And will rebooting my computer always be a solution?

5. Kouen Hasuki
    OP

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    well its always a good thing to try first