PS1/2 European MGS4 Online Still not live

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I thought i'd load up the MGS4 Online Beta this morning before work just so i can see past that damn title screen and login window. Problem is I still get a "Could not connect to server" Error everytime I try and log in. Anyone else having this problem in the EU still? The MGS4 Online Beta website clearly stated '21.04.08 at 00:00 CEST' as the beta's start time for us europeans - that was 7hrs 43 minutes ago...
wacko.gif

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
IMPORTANT NOTICE for all
METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA players

We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
As a temporary measure, we will be suspending the European public beta test and restart it once we stabilize our server.
We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:

1) Suspend beta test: As of 21/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
2) Restart date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
3) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST)

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bugger - thats a kick in the teeth!! Thanks for the info guys....Can't say I'm not dissapointment tho
frown.gif
I guess COD4 will have to tie me over until we hear of the start date!!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you all know who to blame
all the people in other countries making EUR accounts to get access to it

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Konami are to blame. They have no idea how to run an efficient online service. Pro Evo was the same. They make you jump through hoops just to access the service, then when you finally get there, it's crap. I'll bet MGS is a complete lagfest when the full game arrives.
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1