European MGS4 Online Still not live

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by The_Cylon_Surfer, Apr 21, 2008.

Apr 21, 2008
  1. The_Cylon_Surfer
    OP

Member The_Cylon_Surfer GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well I thought i'd load up the MGS4 Online Beta this morning before work just so i can see past that damn title screen and login window. Problem is I still get a "Could not connect to server" Error everytime I try and log in. Anyone else having this problem in the EU still? The MGS4 Online Beta website clearly stated '21.04.08 at 00:00 CEST' as the beta's start time for us europeans - that was 7hrs 43 minutes ago... [​IMG]

2. The_Cylon_Surfer
    OP

United Kingdom
    I guess noone else has had time to check yet...It's gonna be a long day at work!!!

3. Taziz

Member Taziz GBAtemp Regular

Lithuania
    I tray d early in the morning and I could login but not connect to the game

4. Bi99uy

Member Bi99uy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    IMPORTANT NOTICE for all
    METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA players

We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
    However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
    As a temporary measure, we will be suspending the European public beta test and restart it once we stabilize our server.
    We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:

1) Suspend beta test: As of 21/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
    2) Restart date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
    3) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST)

5. The_Cylon_Surfer
    OP

United Kingdom
    Bugger - thats a kick in the teeth!! Thanks for the info guys....Can't say I'm not dissapointment tho [​IMG] I guess COD4 will have to tie me over until we hear of the start date!!

6. Taziz

Member Taziz GBAtemp Regular

Lithuania
    ou crud [​IMG] more warhawk and cod 4

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    you all know who to blame
    all the people in other countries making EUR accounts to get access to it

8. Marxian

Newcomer Marxian Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Konami are to blame. They have no idea how to run an efficient online service. Pro Evo was the same. They make you jump through hoops just to access the service, then when you finally get there, it's crap. I'll bet MGS is a complete lagfest when the full game arrives. [​IMG]