Hacking Euro DSi Blocks AK2i

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i said in a related post, lets not discuss too much or plan ahead...
or else our homebrew carts will have no chance
just wait till US version comes out, then we'll hack with rage

platanos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What a sad new. I'm another stupid guy who sold DS lite and have bought AK2i. I was planning to buy DSi next week.

Do you think AK2i will work with a new firmware on european DSi? If not then I can sell my new AK2i
frown.gif

LouC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just been informed by someone at memorybits.co.uk that the R4i has been sucessfully tested on the European DSi. Don't know if this is right, but they are selling them.

tobyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am so glad about my japanese DSi...
tongue.gif

although... there is not much advantage about the new DS so far. i hope some stand-alone-dsi-games will enter the market soon...
cool.gif

DemonDSi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i sold my Dslite so i could get a DSi and with this damn good job i keeped my phat DS! and i got a new card Acekard 2i least that be better than the R4 i had. just time will tell befor a new spftware or a new card it the stores!

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a solid card. Compatible with DSL so its not like were completely outta luck. Those that sold their older models certainly are.

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So how long do you think it will be before we get a new DSi flash cart? I'm picking up a DSi on day 1, and I'm going away on the 18th. Is there a good chance a new one will be out by then?

DemonDSi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
Hi
it works on the Australian version

[url=http://www.ozmodchips.com/news/march-april-news-a-32.html]http://www.ozmodchips.com/news/march-april-news-a-32.html[/url]

thats good, wounder why that runs it but Euro dont....if thats playing it fine i mite order a Aussi Dsi.

Posts merged

QUOTE(OzModChips @ Mar 26 2009, 09:44 AM) Hi
it works on the Australian version

[url=http://www.ozmodchips.com/news/march-april-news-a-32.html]http://www.ozmodchips.com/news/march-april-news-a-32.html[/url]

thats good, wounder why that runs it but Euro dont....if thats playing it fine i mite order a Aussi Dsi.

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, wow. After I saw it working on the Aussie DSi you don't even know how happy I felt. It made me realize how stressed I've been these past few days. Here's hoping for the NA version!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Taik said:
And if the news saying acekard didn't work was just fake ?
That was about the European DSi. It might be fake, it might not be. I think it's safe to say that the AK2i does indeed work on the Australian DSi, but we don't know if it will work on the European.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Video proof of two different AK2is being tested on a European DSi would help clear many things up, such as if it's a only a few AK2is that work. It would also prove if the AK2i works at all.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Seriously though, who else saw this coming?

I mean, Nintendo was gonna do something about the Acekard 2i eventually. Especially since the Acekard Team was (deservedly) boasting it's compatability with the DSi like they were.

I guess we'll have to depend on the experts to steadily tinker around until they find find a workaround, if they're able to find one. Either that, or order a foreign DSi.

The whole thing wouldn't fluster me so much if Nintendo never planned on making DSi-exclusive carts. Then I wouldn't have to order a godforsaken DSi in the first place, and I could just stick to Trusty Lite.

eeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It works on a Euro DSi, I just tested it today
smile.gif
Works with AKAIO also. So nothing to worry about, at least not yet.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can you update the firmware with wifi, visit the dsi store and then try again?

it still works on my jap dsi with 1.3 firmware, but i dont know about the european.

guess this story about blocking the ak2i was all a joke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: