error with batchDPG

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by gibber, Apr 18, 2007.

Apr 18, 2007

error with batchDPG by gibber at 1:50 AM (865 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. gibber
    OP

Newcomer gibber Newbie

United States
    I just got the batchDPG 1.3 4.5 beta and when i went to add a media file it said "Aspect ratio could not be detected. please set width and height manually. after i toy around with the width and height i click add and run, but as soon an i hit run an error happens and a big box comes up saying "Error: Unable to execute the external program. the system cannot find the file specified."
    I want to put some movies on my DS with an R4 but i dont know what to do. please help me!!
    thanks

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The beta4.5 version was an update you will need to grab the beta4 and overwrite the exe.

Oh and gspot may be helpful if you need numbers although I sense that it is just the lack of programs above causing that issue.
    GSpot:
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

3. NemesisHunter

Member NemesisHunter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Also make sure you are running your batchDPG application from the .exe file within your program files folder. I made that mistake and was trying to troubleshoot the .exe file in another directory, I then realized you had to run the program through the directory it was installed into... >.

4. fli_guy84

Member fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    When you add a movie file to BatchDPG, it automatically defines the height and width of the movie file automatically. For example, a 16:9 aspect ratio movie will end up to be 256 x 144 when converted.

But, for whatever reason, the width will ALWAYS have to 256 no matter what. If BatchDPG automatically changes it to something like 240, change it back to 256, or else Moonshell won't be able to play it and you'll get that error.