Hacking "ERROR! ret -1029" Little help?

• Thread starter Dork
  • Start date
  • Views 10,000
  • Replies 19
D

Dork

OP
Hello, I am currently ripping my hair out when trying to install a certain WAD. I have Wii firmware 3.2U, cIOSrev21 using IOS249 as a base, and have Hermes cIOS222v5 installed.
The wad I am trying to install was created off CustomizeMii, the base wad is the USB Loader GX forwarder, I also tried the channel. I create the wad without any problems, but when I try to install
it, I get the infamous "ret -1029" error. Every other WAD I try works but this one. I tried installing different cIOSrevs, different WAD Managers, no luck.

I would like to post the wad I am trying to install, but it is against the rules, but I could post the boot.dol I am trying to inject if necessary.

EDIT: I am aware of what the error means, but I don't know how to fix it

I also found this written by Waninkoko on twitter:

"Getting -1029 error? Fix your WAD! Byte 0x1F1 of the ticket should be 0x00 (or 0x01 if using the Korean common key). "

I have no idea how to change the byte either.
unsure.gif

D

Dork

OP
wiimanofthenorth said:
Select a different IOS to use for install... 36 for example.
Tried that, then I started getting "ret -2011" or "ret -1022"

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's just a USB Loader GX forwarder you're trying to install??? if it truly is a .wad problem...why not just find a different one...there's only about 10,000 of them out there....

D

Dork

OP
drewmerc said:
multi mod manager use it to patch ios36 and then use it to install the wad
Nope, just gave me a "ret -1022" when trying to install.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't ret -1002 the unfixable error of death? I saw that in another topic where some else go the error, and Mauifrog posted it.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M1r0 said:
Isn't ret -1002 the unfixable error of death? I saw that in another topic where some else go the error, and Mauifrog posted it.
That's -1012 and -1024.

-1022 is a content hash issue. It's a common error for poorly-made warez releases that haven't been re-signed, but since this wad came out of CustomizeMii, it's probably corrupt. CustomizeMii wads typically shouldn't have this issue.

Get/make another wad.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No ret 1024 is the bad one, accompanied by a syscheck with no trucha bug on ios that are known to have the patch.

1022/1029 means that the tmd of the wad is no good. Get another wad.

D

Dork

OP
Alright, I tried another wad, this time I tried the Static base wad which came with CustomizeMii.
Still didn't work. I am really becoming less patient over this as I have tried pretty much everything
but nothing will install this wad, is there some kind of way I can install this wad manually?

D

Dork

OP
mauifrog said:
Perhaps more details on what your trying to do, what you have done, etc will help get you an answer.
Alright, this is what I am trying to do:

I am trying to create a custom channel for a homebrew app I like to use a lot, so I took the boot.dol of this app and injected it into
the USB Loader channel using CustomizeMii, I then edited the banner and icon properly. I create the WAD without any errors. I can install the un-edited USB Loader channel
but when I try to install my custom channel, it gave me the "ret -1029" error. When I tried to install it on other base ios, I would get "ret -2011" or "ret 1022".
So then I tried to inject the boot.dol into the Static Base wad given in CustomizeMii, I took the animations and layout from the USB Loader channel, added them to the
static base, edited the banner and icon properly, created wad successfully, tried to install, didn't work.

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening, and I am very frustrated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over