OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having a real hedeache trying to install this game

Every time I tried to install this game it just gave a infinite loading icon

When I use gold leaf it gave me and error. This happen with TinWoo

Please help!!! It only happens with this game!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 112

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What content inside patches.ini?
From TotalJustice patches, download the Hekate.zip file then open it, open the bootloader folder and put the patches.ini file into the respective folder on your Switch SD Card ensuring that the 'Fix Sigpatches' info from post#2 is in there.

Here's the Total Justice page I'm sure we're all aware of: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

That shouldn't matter if booting through Fusee.bin though, it's only if you're booting through Hekate to my understanding.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Buy the game to fix it

Are you sure you do have enough space tho ? Usually I have a similar issue when I try to install but didn't notice I needed more space

soQik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
From TotalJustice patches, download the Hekate.zip file then open it, open the bootloader folder and put the patches.ini file into the respective folder on your Switch SD Card ensuring that the 'Fix Sigpatches' info from post#2 is in there.

Here's the Total Justice page I'm sure we're all aware of: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

That shouldn't matter if booting through Fusee.bin though, it's only if you're booting through Hekate to my understanding
Ok, it's always there. I didn't notice.

But the comment sigpatches problem still exists. It's easy to foget "kip1patch=nosigchk" in hekate_ipl.ini file.
Most of the game works without "kip1patch=nosigchk", but recent games get error 2155-8007, corrupted data,...
This fixes my problem.

jajamundo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is sigpatches problem.

Try this:

I just want to tell you THANKS!!!!!!!

Really solve my problem!! I wish i knew this before, because I thought it was a problem with my SD CARD so I formatted first and download all over my games!!

Reactions: soQik

JaggedHook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there everyone. I was able to get DBI to work after applying the hekate_ipl.ini fix. Although, I now boot into CFW-FSS0 emuNand, to install games now that I am on 13.0.0|AMS 1.1.1|E. My previous boot through hekate was with CFW(EMUMMC), but now installing any games through that does not work, only with the new CFW-FSS0 emuNand option after applying the hekate_ipl.ini fix. Is this an issue? Is there a way for me to fix/update CFW(EMUMMC) to keep what I had beforehand? I came from 10.1.0| and some form of 19.5 DeepSea CFW. Thank you!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hi there everyone. I was able to get DBI to work after applying the hekate_ipl.ini fix. Although, I now boot into CFW-FSS0 emuNand, to install games now that I am on 13.0.0|AMS 1.1.1|E. My previous boot through hekate was with CFW(EMUMMC), but now installing any games through that does not work, only with the new CFW-FSS0 emuNand option after applying the hekate_ipl.ini fix. Is this an issue? Is there a way for me to fix/update CFW(EMUMMC) to keep what I had beforehand? I came from 10.1.0| and some form of 19.5 DeepSea CFW. Thank you!
You will have to post the contents of your hekate_ipl.ini here for us to have a look, because those entries can be named freely - so we dont know what options they are sporting. :)

The official sigpatches hekate_ipl.ini looks like this:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
So fss0 on all boot options using package3

Here is the one a different user posted in the same thread:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere (Primary)]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/atmosphere.bmp

[Atmosphere (Secondary)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[Stock (SysNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
(The second one has autoboot enabled, Im mentioning this just so you dont overlook it. :) )
What the options do can be looked up here
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate

And the name (the thing between []) is freely editable.

So short answer is, if you are using hekate and nosigchk patches (== patches in the sigpatches thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ ) it seems, that you have to use fss0 on package3.

The only other way to start the new Atmosphere seems to be by loading fusee.bin. But that then doesnt allow you to use sigpatches (== start installed games, from shady sources).

package3 simply is the second bootstage of atmosphere (formerly fusee-secondary.bin). So hekate replaces the first bootstage (fusee.bin), applies the nosigchk patches, and then hands over to package3 (formerly fusee-secondary.bin)).

Before the current version it would replace fusee-primary.bin (now called only fusee.bin) and do exactly the same thing, then hand over to fusee-secondary.bin (now called package3 ).

Sigpatches probably need to be enabled to install games from shady sources. (They wouldnt (?) if you'd use .xci conversions (to .nsp), but not many people still doing that.)

In those two .ini files posted you see all valid options to start Atmosphere 1.1.1 with FW 13.0.0 - that said, you dont need all options in your hekate_ipl.ini.

Because I dont use emuMMC and never boot into stock firmware, mine looks like this:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
backlight=100
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

So to answer your question you have to understand what the options beneath your old boot entry do. And that basically answers it. :)

If it launched fusee-secondary.bin previously, then no, it doesnt work anymore - because that doesnt exist anymore (now is called package3), and if it launched fusee-primary.bin before, then no it doesnt work anymore - because that doesnt exist anymore (now is called fusee.bin).

And if it launched fusee-primary.bin without kip1patch=nosigchk enabled (because fuse primary doesnt support that :) ), than also no it doesnt work anymore, because you need those patches enabled (== sigpatches) to be able to install and play games from shady sources in newer firmware versions.

Nintendo added that as an additional hoop some time ago, but it didnt take long until sigpatches at the boot stage were able to circumvent it.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: JaggedHook

JaggedHook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much forum etiquette but here goes nothing. Firstly, thank you for the explanation, I sorta get it, I have not been in this scene for sometime now and catching up gets exhausting at times. Below is my current hekate_ipl.ini. I believe it launched fusee-secondary.bin/fusee-primary.bin, that sounds familiar. I guess I want to learn the "new" and go from there. Updating was confusing to me since I believe my previous CFW was Kosmos, no longer exists? Now CFW Deep Sea. Thanks for the quick reply.

JaggedHook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hekate_ipl.ini
I also have a "sept" folder, which does not seem to exist in the newer CFW packages?
[Forum is restricting what I can post.]

Attachments

• hekate_ipl.PNG
    hekate_ipl.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by JaggedHook,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
hekate_ipl.ini
I also have a "sept" folder, which does not seem to exist in the newer CFW packages?
[Forum is restricting what I can post.]
Read the last changelogs in atmosphere:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Some stuff changed with the 1.something releases. :)
It was the first time in years, when they recommended a clean reinstallation. :) (If its running for you -you dont have to I guess - but both the Atmosphere and the hekate github sites guide you through the changes (hekate only says, that you now have to target package3 in the startup ini entries, instead of fusee-secondary, which is gone).

The need to 'inject' sigpatches at the boot stage, to be able to play games from shady sources, came a bit earlier (an earlier Nintendo firmware did that).

And yes, sept is now gone, you can delete the folder. (See atmosphere changelog readmes on github.)
-

edit: Looking at your ini - yes the line kip1patch=nosigchk is mising from some of your entries. Whoever wrote that... hm... lets say in the future, if you update sigpatches ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ == formerly sweet patches, if you remember them), make sure you copy over the contents of that package last (It then will also replace that .ini).

But just look at the inis I posted, and then read through the descriptions of what the specific entries do on Hekate, so you understand what they are doing. Auto no GC off for example - might have barred you from now downgrading your switch in full working state to firmware 3.0.0 (if you started using hacks that early. :) ) forever. (So if you now downgrade with a nand backup to 3.0.0, the gamecard slot wouldnt work anymore, because it needs a higher firmware version (because its firmware was updated - that patch was supposed to disable the gamecardslot on switches with a low (=3 or lower) fuse burned count that indicates, that the users original nand backup is from 3.0.0 or below, so that doesnt happen.)) its unlikely that you entered the scene with 3.0.0 - so it probably isnt affecting you, but some of those options are important. :)

Sigpatches are what enables the switch to (install and) run games from shady sources. And yes, some of them have to be injected at the boot stage now (so by Hekate f.e., not Atmosphere after boot).

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: JaggedHook

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny