Hacking Error after running clean install

CoffeeOwl88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully installed the rp2040 chip and was able to load up hekate. I've done this a few times now with success but with this particular install I'm getting the following error when I try to boot into emummc.

IMG_2775.jpg

I formatted my SD card and re-did the install using all the latest updated files and I still get the same error. When I try to boot into stock, I just get a black screen and nothing happens. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If stock give your a black screen then there is something wrong with your sysnand's NAND, RP2040 does have the case of corrupting NAND.

CoffeeOwl88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At what point does the rp2040 have a chance to corrupt NAND? Is it the first time you try to run emmummc? Or as soon as hekate boots for the first time?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at any certain stage, it just have the possibility of corrupting the NAND, did you made any NAND backup before the problem occured?

CoffeeOwl88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at any certain stage, it just have the possibility of corrupting the NAND, did you made any NAND backup before the problem occured?

I did not unfortunately. I was using a smaller SD card so wasn't able to make a backup at the time. Is there anything you would suggest me doing besides just selling it for parts now? Also, not sure if it's related but for some reason the battery meter would show 0% at all times, even when plugged in but it does have a charge.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not unfortunately. I was using a smaller SD card so wasn't able to make a backup at the time. Is there anything you would suggest me doing besides just selling it for parts now? Also, not sure if it's related but for some reason the battery meter would show 0% at all times, even when plugged in but it does have a charge.

The 0% has to do with the chip needing you to boot into stock OS to initialize after modchip install.

You can try this.

CoffeeOwl88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 0% has to do with the chip needing you to boot into stock OS to initialize after modchip install.

You can try this.

Thank you very much, you have given me hope. I will give this a try!
Post automatically merged:

So I gave it a try. The new method seems like it would have worked automatically because I'm using the latest version of Atmosphere. So I tried the old method of unbricking and was able to accomplish it but it did not work. It's weird because the symptoms fit the description. I was able to delete the 800120 folder and atmosphere re-created it but I still get the error. I guess I will probably just have to sell it for parts and take a loss. Thanks for your help anyway.

Last edited by CoffeeOwl88,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols