Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Safety precaution, that is all.

That's exactly why people should be warned of the possibilities and recommended to not use what has been "proven" to mostly likely cause bans.
I doubt anyone is against taking safety precautions. But like I said, if you look at everything objectively, then nothing is safe. We need some degree of subjectivity. That's why we can say that aside from using a retail cartridge or playing offline, using a CIA or a private header is the safer you can be.

Reactions: tony_2018

wii_GOD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good mornings

have u try reconnect after

Good mornings

have u try reconnect after do what the mate recommended you? im very interesting in your issue, because im continue trust in NNID+console ID ban.... and at the moment 0 confirmed bans in consoles without NNiD configured

greetings

I am still having the same issue, error 002-0123 " you cant play this game online error"
private header + Animal crossing New Leaf (U) and (E), Mario Kart 7 (U). all rom are 3dz, i even changes chip ID on the rom but still no luck.

I may try the person here to check if spoofing my MAC on his console will works or not.

Not sure what else to try

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still having the same issue, error 002-0123 " you cant play this game online error"
private header + Animal crossing New Leaf (U) and (E), Mario Kart 7 (U). all rom are 3dz, i even changes chip ID on the rom but still no luck.

I may try the person here to check if spoofing my MAC on his console will works or not.

What program are you using to insert the header?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly why people should be warned of the possibilities and recommended to not use what has been "proven" to mostly likely cause bans.
I doubt anyone is against taking safety precautions. But like I said, if you look at everything objectively, then nothing is safe. We need some degree of subjectivity. That's why we can say that aside from using a retail cartridge or playing offline, using a CIA or a private header is the safer you can be.

I hear you dude....its not me whose causing the confusion. I've already stated what I need to, its those who think "if its not proven then its not true". If they haven't learn anything from past blocks of the gaming history than its nothing for me, or definitely you, can do about it.

kirillre4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Isn't 0123 header mismatch type of error? Go into friendlist, unless you don't get error 002-0120 there - you are not banned, you just messed up headers. If you are still not sure about this - try CIA to go online, they seem to be as safe as private headers are for now. Also what is ROM size of header donor? Is it, by any chance, less then 1 GB (MK7 is 1 GB, right?)?

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So am I right in understanding that if I use a sky3ds completely offline, I am fine? If I later switch to legit cartridges/legit games and go online, I won't have been detected as having played those Sky3ds games offline? Thanks!

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So am I right in understanding that if I use a sky3ds completely offline, I am fine? If I later switch to legit cartridges/legit games and go online, I won't have been detected as having played those Sky3ds games offline? Thanks!

If you edit the template file with your OWN PRIVATE HEADER that should also protect you. Again all we can do is speculate...NOTHING is set in stone.

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, staying offline does ensure safety. I'm not suggesting people stay offline forever. I'm only saying that going online puts you at risk. To think that you are safe from being banned because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean you wont be banned.
With that logic, I might as well stop riding roller coasters since a small amount of people have died or gotten injured riding in one. If you don't want to enjoy the ride (read: play online with your 3DS), then I will, and I'll take my safety precaution of wearing a seat belt and strapping myself in (read: use private headers and play my games in CIA format). I'll let you guys know if I get into an accident (read: get banned).

I have my spare 3DS to play with, so I'm planning on switching to Pokémon ORAS in CIA format since I was using a public header but played it offline since I noticed the majority of the bans involved Pokémon with a public header. I'll definitely let you guys know if I get banned later. I was playing it offline with EmuNAND in 9.4, but I haven't played since 9.5 dropped. Hopefully this will give us an idea on how far back Nintendo has been tracking us. Good luck to our research!

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Oh no worries. It wasn't originally my question to begin with. My Japanese N3DS is just used for local Pokemon trading, and just waiting for somebody to report whether or not their banned 3DS' can do this.

Going to just stick to dumping my own roms, or playing downloaded roms offline only for now. :)

I asked someone who was banned and he is still able to play Pokemon locally with his friends. Just not via wifi.

In other news towards the debate on what is safe and not... What if I told you that the fact that you use a flashcart at all puts you at risk of a ban. You would have to be very gullible to think that you would ALWAYS be able to get away with no chance of consequences. Nobody's been banned for CIA and private headers yet. Personally I think that if they DO get targeted, CIA files will be first. But we have all come up with ideas for how Nintendo can detect them (CIA by cross checking if you bought it, private by seeing if it matches the game, and public we all know). So we can't say something is 100% safe. Does that mean that you shouldn't play online at all? That sounds silly because that's just a self imposed ban. If they start banning for all three then you're screwed either way and may as well live it up while you can.

Oh, or just buy online games.

Reactions: Nephiel

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked someone who was banned and he is still able to play Pokemon locally with his friends. Just not via wifi.

In other news towards the debate on what is safe and not... What if I told you that the fact that you use a flashcart at all puts you at risk of a ban. You would have to be very gullible to think that you would ALWAYS be able to get away with no chance of consequences. Nobody's been banned for CIA and private headers yet. Personally I think that if they DO get targeted, CIA files will be first. But we have all come up with ideas for how Nintendo can detect them (CIA by cross checking if you bought it, private by seeing if it matches the game, and public we all know). So we can't say something is 100% safe. Does that mean that you shouldn't play online at all? That sounds silly because that's just a self imposed ban. If they start banning for all three then you're screwed either way and may as well live it up while you can.

Okay. What I want to say about that is although your theory about Nintendo detecting CIA games seem sound on paper, it's all mostly conjecture. What evidence out of all the bans that has happened in this thread that lead you to believe CIA games are the next target? There has only been ONE single instance of a guy supposedly getting banned, but the fact that he isn't banned when he uses another version of his EmuNAND and not responding afterward raises questions about his credibility. Pretty much all of the bans other than that have involved people using a public header of some sort. With that said, the way I see it is I would be more wary of using a single private header across multiple games than playing your games in CIA format, but of course that doesn't mean anything is safer than the other without further proof since doing anything other than playing a legit copy of the game online is a risk in itself. You're entitled to your beliefs on which is safer, but I believe your theory doesn't hold much water compared to the evidence we have so far.

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But would that really protect you? That's what my original question was -- if someone uses the Sky3ds (for example) while in offline mode exclusively, only going online to play legitimately purchased online games, are they really safe? Are they able to detect what games you played offline, and is that sent to the servers when you connect? Maybe that's extra paranoid but just food for thought.

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But would that really protect you? That's what my original question was -- if someone uses the Sky3ds (for example) while in offline mode exclusively, only going online to play legitimately purchased online games, are they really safe? Are they able to detect what games you played offline, and is that sent to the servers when you connect? Maybe that's extra paranoid but just food for thought.

Who Knows? everything in these 122 pages is purely speculation based on the information that has been presented to us..

Nintendo can easily get access to what games you have played if they have the capability of accessing your Activity log... I know that when I used my R4 3ds cart it shows up as the R4 3ds cart in the activity log... who knows what information is stored in the activity log and who knows if Nintendo can view that log when we go online...

the day I got my sky3ds I have been going online with it, I have accepted the Risk of being banned from the second I committed myself to buying one. if people don't want to take the "Risk" then don't buy one at all and buy the legit games.

I'm sure Pirates (because that's who we are) don't think to themselves "oh, I shouldn't download this film online... my ISP might find out and block my internet" ... that's the same mentality people here are using...

live, love and play.

T

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
well i will try some test....but its not 100% good because i used public header included on template during the last week and i could be on banlist now

i will take another public header of a old and BAD offline game...and try edit template with it...and play AS normally

i dont really matter if they ban me...so ...lets commence experiment :D

wii_GOD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't 0123 header mismatch type of error? Go into friendlist, unless you don't get error 002-0120 there - you are not banned, you just messed up headers. If you are still not sure about this - try CIA to go online, they seem to be as safe as private headers are for now. Also what is ROM size of header donor? Is it, by any chance, less then 1 GB (MK7 is 1 GB, right?)?

Thanks kirillre4, i'll try it today and report back.

Correct, MK7 is about ~770mb and the others (ACNL + FL) are about 1GB

ACNL USA CHIP ID: C2FA0090

can someone please upload the correct chip id for:

MK7 U and Fantasy Life U?

ImXycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So lets say youre "banned" with error 002-0120. Can you still update your 3ds? Since people say you can use the eshop.

As long as my 3ds can be updated i couldnt care less, Didnt buy my 3ds for online play anyways.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So lets say youre "banned" with error 002-0120. Can you still update your 3ds? Since people say you can use the eshop.

As long as my 3ds can be updated i couldnt care less, Didnt buy my 3ds for online play anyways.

Yes the ONLY thing that ban does is stop online play and friend's list.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone has chip id for mario kart 7 EU please ? thanks

I found that fixing the header is all you need to do. The only time you need to edit the chip ID is if the template is wrong and therefore you get an error telling you to update your template OR you have issues getting online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)