Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

batumulia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No body knows for real, everybody is kind of on the blind.
Look at actual data and reports, make your own conclusions and take your own risks.
With the little amount of reports up to date, and knowing that bans take place several days after the offense, no realistic prediction can be made.
Anyone that tells you "doing this or that, you are safe" is only talking out of hope. There is not enough information to be sure.
Take that i mind.

I understand that, I used my private header from Super Mario 3D Land and injected it into the Sky3DS template via a tool here on the forums. The rom is normally EEPROM except when I changed the headers in the template the ROM now shows up as a Nand type which tells me I did something wrong somewhere but I don't know. If I have the private header would it just be enough to edit the template header (normally FF FF FF etc..) via Notepad to my change it to own private header?

What is the right process to use my own private header with a rom?

sALMAn84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I understand that, I used my private header from Super Mario 3D Land and injected it into the Sky3DS template via a tool here on the forums. The rom is normally EEPROM except when I changed the headers in the template the ROM now shows up as a Nand type which tells me I did something wrong somewhere but I don't know. If I have the private header would it just be enough to edit the template header (normally FF FF FF etc..) via Notepad to my change it to own private header?

What is the right process to use my own private header with a rom?
I think you change the chip ID,

(EEPROM ID, xx xx xx 90 and NAND ID xx xx xx 98).

Just change Online header, no need to change chip ID.

Untitled.jpg

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Just got off the phone to them they said the reason was I was using an illicit copy of the game, I asked which game and they couldn't give me anymore info. He said the only thing I could do would be to send over a picture of my entire game collection front and back of both cartridges and then it'll be referred back to Nintendo of Euope.

"I trade in all my games after a while, that's why you see so many games I've played, I'm not >pop culture reference of someone rich<"

Wait, what?

They're asking you to send over a picture of your entire collection, front and back. So...what's preventing you from going out to buy the game(s) you went online with and then overturning the ban?
If the idea is to make pirates buy their games, obviously this is a fantastic way of doing things.

Reactions: Doran754

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I can think of a simple reason why Nintendo likely cannot detect headers beyond looking for dupes or perhaps gathering large samples of logs to check if the same header is used on multiple different games: if they could tell simply by looking at the header, they would refuse to let the game online entirely. It doesn't make sense to let pirates join in, even for a little while, and then ban them later. A banned console cannot play online, whereas a headerless game can't play online anyway, nor could one with a detectable fake header. Given that the end result is always the same, it wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to willfully let them online, even for a little while. They already have some entry-point checks in place that immediately refuse access to consoles with no headers, why not just put the ban code there? They likely don't know so they have to wait long enough to see multiple copies of the same header, then they ban.

If that's true there still remain to be seen if they can also tell when the same header is used on multiple games, or, indeed, if they've started keeping better track of headers on more recent titles, and more easily banning on those.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
one question...if i want use a public header of a non popular game (tales of the abyss for example) , how i can take the template header and replace him on header like SSB?

and another question...how IE3 the ogre can connect online if dun have online header?

thx

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
when i try to edit with MH4U
i still get the 002-0123 error
this error is because you have a wrong manufacturer one with less then 4gb,
I got it too then I changed it and got online again

just path the chip ID and the manufacturer with with "gateway ROM patcher"

Peniskoker

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Been using a private header on MH4U with Gateway for past couple days, no ban yet.
May buy MH4U for N3DS so I wouldn't have to deal with being possibly banned but does anyone know if its possible to transfer the save I have on my old 3ds? Also, if theres a mandatory update that comes with MH4? Since my N3DS is on 9.0

No. I've 2 3ds, one 3ds XL and one N3ds.
If you want to copy / transfer the save from old 3ds to new it will be formatted without a choice. Vice versa also.
Trust me, dont even try it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
its a no because its still a risk. Only way to really be safe is to stay offline.
If you're going to throw doubt on everything without evidence, then playing offline is just as risky as anything else.

Truth is, this thread has been going for two weeks, and we still have zero reported bans for people only using private headers or .CIA files online. People are free to be as paranoid as they want, but staying offline entirely is really just a self-imposed ban.

Private headers aren't risky until they are. IE until Nintendo starts banning people for using them. Simple as that.

Reactions: Tony8690

Meteo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to throw doubt on everything without evidence, then playing offline is just as risky as anything else.

Truth is, this thread has been going for two weeks, and we still have zero reported bans for people only using private headers or .CIA files online. People are free to be as paranoid as they want, but staying offline entirely is really just a self-imposed ban.

Just because there are zero bans doesn't mean its safe. The fact is, the information is there for Nintendo to see. As long as that possibility exists, the only way to be safe is to stay offline.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Private headers aren't risky until they are. IE until Nintendo starts banning people for using them. Simple as that.

I don't think you're correctly interpreting the concept of risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land