Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its a 90% clearly dat the public header is the objetive of this bans....so Sky3ds users are seriously fuked at online related...so wifi shutdown till sky3ds group take any solution(unless they need NNID for ban console id ;) )

greeting

This isn't entirely true... people who know how to edit the template file for sky3ds can avoid being banned, as long as they correctly edit the template file (or create their own)

SEEMS like it however more people need to test with ONLY private headers to find out. I'm using my old 3dsxl and playing online with smash everyday with my own private header to see what happens after 1 week. On day 3 and no issues.

im on Day 5 for my public Header, going online everyday on Pokémon OR... checking to see how long it takes to get banned (if I get banned).

T

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't entirely true... people who know how to edit the template file for sky3ds can avoid being banned, as long as they correctly edit the template file (or create their own)

T

Than it wouldn't be public no more now would it? It will be come your private since you added a header that is not on any site/forums. I believe if you add in your own header and not remove all other headers than yes you could still in there crosshairs, right?

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Than it wouldn't be public no more now would it? It will be come your private since you added a header that is not on any site/forums. I believe if you add in your own header and not remove all other headers than yes you could still in there crosshairs, right?

I'm not understanding how you could still be in the crosshair? If you change the header from public to private agro never share it with anyone then you SHOULD be good. However we are NOT 100% sure what causes the bans which is why more testing needs to be done. The reason we mention to use your own header as all signs point to that.

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I create my own template based on the games I put on my SD card (although I am still using a public header, I am not using the Sky3ds Public header).

I don't use t he actual template file provided by Sky3ds so no idea about that, sorry.

I'm not understanding how you could still be in the crosshair? If you change the header from public to private agro never share it with anyone then you SHOULD be good. However we are NOT 100% sure what causes the bans which is why more testing needs to be done. The reason we mention to use your own header as all signs point to that.

im testing if ALL Public headers will result in a ban.. or if its just the Default Sky3ds ones... so far I haven't been banned.

T

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
You know that we can add our own header data to the template...right?

im on Day 5 for my public Header, going online everyday on Pokémon OR... checking to see how long it takes to get banned (if I get banned).

T

For doing that, we need a private header...and we cant take a private header if we cant dump any game with sky3ds...so...its hard to say but we have in problems :D

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I create my own template based on the games I put on my SD card (although I am still using a public header, I am not using the Sky3ds Public header).

I don't use t he actual template file provided by Sky3ds so no idea about that, sorry.

im testing if ALL Public headers will result in a ban.. or if its just the Default Sky3ds ones... so far I haven't been banned.

T

Ah ok which games are you testing?

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For doing that, we need a private header...and we cant take a private header if we cant dump any game with sky3ds...so...its hard to say but we have in problems :D

Technically wrong again.... if you are on 9.2 you can use the web exploit to grab\dump your game\header... and also I believe if your are on 9.4(and possibly 9.5) there is also a way to get a memory dump and to grab your header from that aswell... so Sky3ds users still have a chance... just need to be a bit tech savvy :)

Ah ok which games are you testing?
At the moment, im only using Pokémon OR as that seems to be the game everyone realises they are being banned on... if after a week or so I am not banned, I might move on to other online games aswell.

Obviously im playing non online games aswell such as MM and Fire Emblem ect..

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
mmmmm who said that lie to you? i havent NNID , and i can connect pokemon alpha saphire without problems and IE3 The ogre.....you can use online without NNID, only u cant use is miiverse and some eshop features....

greetings

You need one for ssb tough. :/

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Technically wrong again.... if you are on 9.2 you can use the web exploit to grab\dump your game\header... and also I believe if your are on 9.4(and possibly 9.5) there is also a way to get a memory dump and to grab your header from that aswell... so Sky3ds users still have a chance... just need to be a bit tech savvy :)

At the moment, im only using Pokémon OR as that seems to be the game everyone realises they are being banned on... if after a week or so I am not banned, I might move on to other online games aswell.

Obviously im playing non online games aswell such as MM and Fire Emblem ect..

hahahaah i readed that i can do something with a DS flashcard....but i recently come back to scene...and need some time for do some techies xDDD

i read too than you can edit template with another header...but not privated...:( well lets see. In any case, i continued unbanned :D

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

T

Doesn't diskwriter automatically assign those headers?

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't diskwriter automatically assign those headers?

Disk Writer used the Template to get the Headers...

If you edit the Template with a Private Header (or a different public one like I did) then when Disk Writer writes the game to your SD card it fixes the Header from the Template file to the Game.

Hope that makes sense.

T

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disk Writer used the Template to get the Headers...

If you edit the Template with a Private Header (or a different public one like I did) then when Disk Writer writes the game to your SD card it fixes the Header from the Template file to the Game.

Hope that makes sense.

T

I understand that diskwriter uses the template, but do you have the option of choosing a header for each rom, or does it do that automatically?

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I understand that diskwriter uses the template, but do you have the option of choosing a header for each rom, or does it do that automatically?

If you edit the Template file then you can edit the current Header of the game in the template file with the new header that you want to use...then when you write that to your SD card using the disk writer it then reads that title from the template file (as well as the header that you changed) and it applies that to the game on the SD card.

if you have multiple games, then you have to change multiple headers...

I usually find it best to create a template specifically for each SD card I use.

T

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
If you edit the Template file then you can edit the current Header of the game in the template file with the new header that you want to use...then when you write that to your SD card using the disk writer it then reads that title from the template file (as well as the header that you changed) and it applies that to the game on the SD card.

if you have multiple games, then you have to change multiple headers...

I usually find it best to create a template specifically for each SD card I use.

T

it can be a good solution....are u using and testing a public header of a non popular online game editing template?

if u are testing that...please if u suffer any change (i pray u wont be banned) communicate us

greetings!!!

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it can be a good solution....are u using and testing a public header of a non popular online game editing template?

if u are testing that...please if u suffer any change (i pray u wont be banned) communicate us

greetings!!!

I'm testing it on Pokémon OR as most people seem to be getting banned when they play Pokémon games.

I'm not to bothered if I get banned as I don't really play online anyway!

Just looking to get time frames as to when they ban people and if once im banned I can figure a way to "unban" myself.

T

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't played any GW backups online except Tomodachi Life. I saw in the FAQ that this has been listed as a possible ban title. How many people have been banned because of this? Thanks

batumulia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So can I use any private header? I have a private header from Mario 3D land, can I use it for all games? I need to inject the roms with this header through the Rom patcher right? And leave the card ID empty (not let rompatcher choose one)?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't played any GW backups online except Tomodachi Life. I saw in the FAQ that this has been listed as a possible ban title. How many people have been banned because of this? Thanks

Over 9000.

PS: Do you really expect for someone to pull out statistics made up for you?
Just take a look for yourself here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/error-code-002-0102-have-i-been-banned.380654/page-28#post-5325996
And of course, there are not enough reports to make any assumption.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So can I use any private header? I have a private header from Mario 3D land, can I use it for all games? I need to inject the roms with this header through the Rom patcher right? And leave the card ID empty (not let rompatcher choose one)?

No body knows for real, everybody is kind of on the blind.
Look at actual data and reports, make your own conclusions and take your own risks.
With the little amount of reports up to date, and knowing that bans take place several days after the offense, no realistic prediction can be made.
Anyone that tells you "doing this or that, you are safe" is only talking out of hope. There is not enough information to be sure.
Take that i mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)